Music is horrible today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
GT, is that you?

That exact same thought was just going through my head...

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Your opinion?

MalfunctionProne, have you ever worked at Burger King?

Music, people.

It is on the radio of half of these cars. I turn it off but I still hear snippets.
mad.gif

"Iggy Azalea" is one of the most disgusting creatures I've ever laid eyes/ears on. Pretty sure it's what Ripley fought in Alien.

Last edited:
I would agree. There really isn't much new music I care for. I like some songs by Five Finger Death Punch but their remake of House of The Rising Sun was absolutely terrible. I like alot of stuff by Zac Brown Band. So there's two, two bands out of all the stuff being played on the radio that I actually like. Trends change fast so maybe by next year I will be raving about all the awesome new music out there. Never can tell.

I like metal in general, my current favorite is Dark Tranquillity. Never cared for rap or country.

Originally Posted By: theKman
"Iggy Azalea" is one of the most disgusting creatures I've ever laid eyes/ears on. Pretty sure it's what Ripley fought in Alien.

How dare you insult the Alien!!!
grin.gif

If you don't like Iggy Azalea, don't listen to her.

Everyone has their own taste. I keep up to date with new(er) music I like instead of listing to the same old 80's stuff I liked as a kid.
I learned not to give a care who's singing the song.
If Katy perry or Drake makes a song I like, so what.
There is plenty of good new(er) stuff if you search.

Originally Posted By: Tegger
MalfunctionProne said:
Your opinion?

MalfunctionProne, have you ever worked at Burger King? [/quote

Or ever owned a Volvo?

I must've been born in the wrong generation.

New stuff is not for me. IMO, if the musician can't sing or play the instrument just right, then there's probably a Mac tweaking the song.

I like just about it all from the mid-60's up to the early 90's: Rock, Metal, Hair Metal, Folk, Texas Blues, Older Country (not the hot garbage on today)

Music used to have so much soul, so much body... where you were comforted by an abrupt stop in the song and enjoyed the 1-2 seconds of white noise.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Roob
Originally Posted By: theKman

How dare you insult the Alien!!!
grin.gif

We need to get Predator on Iggy Iggy.

I notice a lot of no-talent, recycled garbage on stations. 103.5 KTU. 92.3 AMP. 100.3 Z100.

Does anyone feel that new music just doesn't try anymore?

With the exception of 90s country, there hasn't been any decent music produced in at least 25 years...nobody these days has any writing talent, then again, apparently none is needed as it seems many people will listen to anything...

Last edited:
I'm finding that there's more that I can listen to (or the meme grabs me and It plays in my head) than any time in the last probably 15 years.

Not the artist in question, but there are some more interesting "riffs" (synth, not just guitar), and themes than there have been for a long time.

Some young people can't spell, either. When they created a title for their style of music for performers that can't sing they left off the "c" and called it rap.

I feel so old saying that the today music is horrible, but I think it's true! The only current bands I really like are Rise Against and Chevelle.

Originally Posted By: redhat
I must've been born in the wrong generation.

New stuff is not for me. IMO, if the musician can't sing or play the instrument just right, then there's probably a Mac tweaking the song.

I like just about it all from the mid-60's up to the early 90's: Rock, Metal, Hair Metal, Folk, Texas Blues, Older Country (not the hot garbage on today)

Music used to have so much soul, so much body... where you were comforted by an abrupt stop in the song and enjoyed the 1-2 seconds of white noise.

Many, if not most of today's artists (if you wanna call them that) can't even sing...I call them moaners cuz that's all they do...

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I feel so old saying that the today music is horrible, but I think it's true! The only current bands I really like are Rise Against and Chevelle.

Not touching on the good/bad of music in general, but Rise Against is the best band of the last 10+ years.

brand.gif

Saw them open for Bad Religion in '02 or '03, been a fan ever since. Reminds me of good 90's punk before all the new stuff sounded 'emo'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back