Castrol GTX SynBlend - Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
48 quarts of 5W30 for $50. My fleet will eat this stuff up; assuming it actually arrives! Thanks!

Last edited:
Picked up (8) 5 quart jugs today at AZ for $5 each. 5w30 and 10w30 flavors. My moms car will love it.

Walmart took it off the shelf a few years ago for some reason.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
21.gif

That's odd, Walmart here still has it. My brother just got a bunch there and they price matched it to $1.00 each.

They are not supposed to price match clearance or close outs but that is not his problem, nice score. Wally's still stocks it here as well.

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Our local AZ's got rid of a bunch of oils in the late Summer/early Fall. I stopped in the other day and nothing was on closeout! I am going to keep an eye out/ear open for this Castrol Syn/Blend. I have used it in the past and liked it!
smile.gif

Thyreonly labeled as $1.00 per quart online. They're $5.xx on the shelf and ring up as $4.00. You gotta show them the online price and they'll match it.

Aha, I see! I may try this!
smile.gif

I didn't see any oils at $1/qt online in 4 zip codes that I entered for the 4 AZ's that I could visit in my area. Is their something I am missing?

EDIT:

OOPS! I found it but, I had to create a login/P-word acct.
I'd have to buy 75/qts to get free shipping as the shipping would not be worth the cost!
smile.gif

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
21.gif

That's odd, Walmart here still has it. My brother just got a bunch there and they price matched it to $1.00 each.

Plenty here too. Heck Walmart actually raised the price to $18.×× from $17.××.

Shipping on 74 qts or less is $100. Need 75 qts for free shipping! A good deal if I needed 75 qts of oil(15 OCI's) but, I already have a good stash and I can often get Full Syn oil(closeout/name brands) for ~ $1-$1.50/qt when I need it and ONLY buy what I want/need...

...If the local store will honor the online deal, I may go that route and ONLY buy ~ 20 qts just because!
smile.gif

Thank you again guys
smile.gif

This is certainly a good deal even with shipping($2.58/qt) but, I think I will probably pass on this one even though is hard to pass up at $1/qt.
frown.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mjk
I just ordered this morning (12), and shipping was free. Maybe free shipping is limited to X amount of quarts.

Probably but, I wasn't going to play with the site long enough to find out. Thanks!
smile.gif

OTOH, sometimes you just have to try again.
I assembled an order of 100 qts various grades of the GTX blend, got the $25 AZ gift card code accepted and then got free ground shipping this morning.
So, as of the moment, you can still get the oil for a buck and free ground shipping.
At net .75/qt, I'm pleased.

If I didn't already have a stash assembled around Pennzoil Ultra at about this same kind of price (qt) I would be all over this thing. Still might be all over it, might try and talk the wife into getting me a Xmas present. It would be years before I use it though. With the trend towards lighter weight oils required by the manufacturer I've been left out in the cold as to needing 5w-30 as of late.

I'd have to buy 75/qts to get free shipping as the shipping would not be worth the cost!
smile.gif

You can use any zipcode for a store to get the free shipping (none of the local stores had free shipping), so I picked one in Nashville, TN. I started with 24 quarts in my shopping cart and chose ground and it was free. I then changed my mind and edited the cart to add more and the shipping was still free.

[/quote]

OOPS! I found it but, I had to create a login/P-word acct.
smile.gif

Thanks guys! [/quote]

That is what it says, but put it in your cart and go through to the shipping page and it is free. If it's not, don't hit the order button. I just did this an hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back