Where is Flight MH370?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: exranger06
Back when this was still in the news, I knew they wouldn't find it. It may turn up after a few decades like the Titanic, but they're not gonna find it anytime soon.
But the pings and stuff.

Yes, there were "pings" but !!! Still no plane!

I think the Chinese ship messed those up royally.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Originally Posted By: hatt
Originally Posted By: exranger06
Back when this was still in the news, I knew they wouldn't find it. It may turn up after a few decades like the Titanic, but they're not gonna find it anytime soon.
But the pings and stuff.

Yes, there were "pings" but !!! Still no plane!

I think the Chinese ship messed those up royally.
Impossible. Several here said those were the pings. Anyone saying otherwise was dumb. Plane has to be around there.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Most of a plane floats.
The fact that they haven't found even a seat cushion means it's on land somewhere, in my opinion.

Wouldn't is vanish if the plane ditched and sank intact?

Originally Posted By: Blaze
How did that plane hit the ocean intact enough not to spew thousands of parts? Thousands of parts were found floating in the case off of Brazil a few yrs ago. If it ran out of fuel it still would have hit the water with a tremendous force. Its still odd nothing has been found on beaches etc. I don't believe everything becomes waterlogged.

EXACTLY. This is what I believe. There is no possible explanation that it stopped mid-air "cartoon-style," dropped softly into the water, opened the doors, flooded the plane, and it sank in one piece. Not buying it.

Hundreds (maybe thousands) of planes have "ditched" successfully in water.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: Fordtrucktexan
Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: Shannow
ukraine

That's what parts of the Russian State Media reported. They said that the plane shot down over Ukraine (Malaysian Flight 17) was actually Malaysian Flight 370, that we (the US of A) had had it, killed everyone on board, and were flying it remotely.
From This Story: http://www.newrepublic.com/node/118782

"The best of the bunch is, of course, an elaborate one: MH17 is actually MH370, that Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared into the Indian Ocean. According to this theory, the plane didn’t disappear at all, “it was taken to an American military base, Diego-Garcia.”

Then it was taken to Holland. On the necessary day and hour, it flew out, bound for Malaysia, but inside were not live people, but corpses. The plane was flown not by real pilots; it was on autopilot. Or take-off (a complicated procedure) was executed by live pilots, who then ejected on parachutes. Then the plane flew automatically. In the necessary spot, it was blown up, without even using a surface-to-air missile. Instead the plane was packed with a bomb, just like the CIA did on 9/11.

The theory also notes that the passports of victims at the crash site all look brand new even though there was an explosion and a fire. “That is, the passports were tossed in [after the crash].” And, most [censored], all the victims’ Facebook pages were created in one day and the media is not showing any of the victims’ families, just the crash site. Though this is not true of Western media, Russian television has not featured any of this.)

original Russian report sited above, run through Google translate, since i don't speak Russian, or read the Cyrillic alphabet.
News 2.ru (Google Translated)

or if you're good with the native language:
http://news2.ru/story/416696/

Don't forget, to make that theory work, they would also have to get rid of two planes, 9M-MRO (MH370) AND 9M-MRD (MH17).

hey, never said i believed it, but the Russian media reported it to their people as a news story.

Hehehe.

Gotta love propaganda. The west gets fed the same stuff and eat it up.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Most of a plane floats.
The fact that they haven't found even a seat cushion means it's on land somewhere, in my opinion.

Wouldn't is vanish if the plane ditched and sank intact?

Yep.

One of many possibilities in this case.

The remains lie somehwere on the floor of a large swath of ocean, of course.
They will be found, this evening, tomorrow or twenty years from now.
When the remains are found, submersibles will be deployed, the FDR and CVR will be recovered and the cause of the accident will be found.
More than likely, it'll end up being something dumb, but understandable.
The AF A330 lost in the ITCZ over the Atlantic a few years back was lost as a result of what was revealed to be crew error.
Ironic that the Airbus envelope protections kicked out just when the crew needed them most, but anyone who has soled even a simple single knows that you don't need airspeed indications to maintain level flight.
Pitch and power will work just fine.

AF 447 was more subtle and complex than crew error.

The envelope protections were lost when the FCS kicked into alternate law, as a consequence of lost pitot-static data from proves that were known to ice over in heavy precipitation.

The failure of the crew to recover wasn't just their failure to recognize the situation, it was also the result of training that drove them to the Airbus, and AF, solution to stall recovery: full aft stick and TOGA thrust.

In normal law, that works every time. That's what they were trained to do.

It's very easy to arm chair quarterback and find fault, but this was at night, with a loss of instruments, over the ocean. The comfort of one's armchair, at zero knots, and one G, with information derived from after the fact analysis, makes it very easy to imagine that you would have done better.

But, simulator testing reveals the physiology of stress, and it turns out that very few crews were able, under pressure, without instruments, to recognize the situation. Fewer still thought to apply different recovery controls than those that had been hammered into them through training.

I can guarantee that no pilot who's soloed a simple single would have a prayer of understanding what was going on were they to find themselves, without a priori knowledge, or the benefit of analysis, on that particular flight deck with those indications.

Originally Posted By: Astro14

I can guarantee that no pilot who's soloed a simple single would have a prayer of understanding what was going on were they to find themselves, without a priori knowledge, or the benefit of analysis, on that particular flight deck with those indications.
Yep too many knobs and dials and switches.
grin.gif
I guarantee I wouldn't even think about it .In the late 1970s one of the guys at work taught flying and we went up a bunch of times in a little Cessna and I could steer it pretty good, although I have no desire to learn how to fly but I love aircraft they are simply amazing when you think about it. I have been in 737 and 747 cockpits at the United Airlines MOC in San Francisco Airport when the company I worked for did warranty work on their ground equipment. My next door neighbor just retired as a commercial pilot about 3 years ago I go to him for plane talk . In fact the other day he came over with a huge grin and said guess what I did this morning,,,I went flying. I love the passion for flying that most pilots have.

Most of a plane floats.

Exactly.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Most of a plane floats.

Exactly.

All it means is that they haven't found a seat cushion in the open ocean. Which would make looking for a needle in a haystack child's play.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Usually you can't trust the media to report the truth.

Exactly.

CNN was SO obsessed with this thing. It is like they were trying to force us to believe something.

I remember when they were trying to say a white piece of metal, and oily spots in the ocean, were the plane.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Most of a plane floats.

Exactly.

Okay- where? Remember, you cant just set a big 'ole bird like this down in a field or some third world airstrip. Well, I suppose you could... but there would be no getting it back in the air again.

CNN's coverage of this was an indictment on the media and their audience in this country.

If you had told me 10 - 20 years ago that "the most respected name in news" would headline with this story non stop for weeks and ask if a black hole was responsible, I would have said that it was a extreme fantasy sketch on Saturday Night Live.

Quote:
Lemon then turned to Mary Schiavo, former inspector general of the U.S. Department of Transportation, and said, "I know it's preposterous, but is it preposterous, do you think, Mary?"

"It is," Schiavo replied. "A small black hole would suck in our entire universe. So we know it's not that. The Bermuda Triangle is often weather, and 'Lost' is a TV show."

Originally Posted By: aa1986
CNN's coverage of this was an indictment on the media and their audience in this country.

If you had told me 10 - 20 years ago that "the most respected name in news" would headline with this story non stop for weeks and ask if a black hole was responsible, I would have said that it was a extreme fantasy sketch on Saturday Night Live.

Quote:
Lemon then turned to Mary Schiavo, former inspector general of the U.S. Department of Transportation, and said, "I know it's preposterous, but is it preposterous, do you think, Mary?"

"It is," Schiavo replied. "A small black hole would suck in our entire universe. So we know it's not that. The Bermuda Triangle is often weather, and 'Lost' is a TV show."

I saw that!

And sadly, her response, while correct in dismissing the theory, showed a real ignorance of black holes....but she still felt empowered to speak with authority....

Originally Posted By: Astro14
Originally Posted By: aa1986

Quote:

I saw that!

And sadly, her response, while correct in dismissing the theory, showed a real ignorance of black holes....but she still felt empowered to speak with authority....

She got two out of three though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back