Alternative to Motul 300V 10-40 in road race bike?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BusyLittleShop
Analyzer said:
I agree... his LSR adventure deserves its own thread with photos...

So yet again in this reply, no answers to questions posed, no rebuttle, and no relevant sources to reinforce your theories. Enough said I suppose.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
Well, it's your bike, and you can use whatever you like. I've tried pretty much every oil available over the years. Based on how the bikes have run, I like the Motul 300V 4T best, followed closely by Redline M/C oil.

My 'streetbike' is a built all-motor Hayabusa. Billet forged stroker crank. MTC +3mm pistons. Crower Ti rods. Ferrea Ti valves, retainers, and performance springs. Web cams. Cylinder head work, Akrapovic Evolution full Ti exhaust, etc, etc.

Lots of people claim such an engine can't survive on the street. But it's been running great on the street and the occasional roadracing tracks for 7 years now, on Motul 300V 4T, and on a few occasions, Redline M/C oil.

I've tried the Rotella variants in this bike, but the shifting always quickly becomes notchy.
Looking at a stock busa makes me mess my pants I won't even look directly at a modified Busa. Todays crotch rockets are well just plain rockets.

Originally Posted By: Analyzer

So yet again in this reply, no answers to questions posed, no rebuttle, and no relevant sources to reinforce your theories. Enough said I suppose.

You didn't say pretty please...

Just a little update - I ran the 300v 10-40 all last year with a 2 weekend OCI, and the engine was torn down and refreshed over the winter.

All the surfaces (bearings, cam lobes, etc.) looked perfect. I apologize that I didn't get to the shop in enough time to photograph the old parts before he canned them.

It's a shame seeing oil that looks (and smells! Love that Motul banana smell) so good coming out of the drain, but it's (relatively) cheap insurance. I do plan on some UOA this year though, if nothing more than to satisfy my own curiosity.

Does this mean that the 300v did any better than Walmart SuperTech would have? Nope. Did it do a good job protecting something that spends very little time below 10k RPM while in use? Yup.

P.S. Also won a championship. Weekend warrior? I think not.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back