Oil choice for a supercharged coyote?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kbmag1
Thanks for the replies. It's primarily a weekend fun car. I guess you could call it a street sleeper, spirited driving. Suspension and exhaust done so I eventually may test at the track and course. Need big and littles and brake pad/fluid upgrade prior to testing. Spent the afternoon with the car on the rollers just to check and make sure it is dialed in. Keeping it safe. The blower is a PD TVS, VMP Stage 2 (Roush style). Work is only 3 miles away, so when driven will see the "short trip". Normally when the engine pops, it is tune related. It's a blast to drive, can cleanly break loose in the 1-4 gears. Tuner isn't overly concerned, has used 5w20,30 and 10w30 penn plat. He changes at 4K miles. I'll check with the vmp and roush to see what they recommend.

When you say "big and littles" above, are you referring to skinnies in the front, and big meat drag radials or slicks in the back for drag race time trials/testing, or something else??

If you do decide to go with a 5W-50, there is also Mobil 1 5W-50, especially when it goes on sale at NAPA for $5.99/quart.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back