What Oil Are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a gear head, always thinking about engines, transmissions, transfer cases, Diffs, starters, alternators, injectors, etc, etc and seeing them work, or Not work in my head a good deal of the time, I sometimes relate to them. I used to relate to the Toyota 20R, dependable, tough, good power and torque for its size, but I have also related to engine oils over the years. I used to be like a ND30, like the ACCEL ND30 i use in a few of my vehicles,...not good in the cold, not good in the heat, unrefined and just plain unacceptable for many applications. But over the past few years, Life has changed myself into a more tolerable, flexable, adaptable person. Like a Synthetic. Currently Im relating Alot to Castrol EDGE 5w-30, a little bit to the 10w-30, what Oil do You relate to?

PYB:No frills,the go-to oil,always been around,and can count on it when times get tough.Often seen in discount stores too....lol

Probably M1 0w-40 for me - works in all temperature extremes, and is leaning toward German engineering.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
Valvoline NextGen

Well intentioned but ultimately not very successful.

Lol. You win in my book.

MY favorite oils have changed over the years. This time I'm on Mobil oils, but Castrol has been and probably will be my go to oil brand.

Whats a good oil on sale kind of guy. I have about 25 quarts of penn platinum, 15 quarts of penn ultra. 35 quarts of nextgen hm. some napa/qsud etc. Just ordered 30 quarts of the castrol deal.

2015 Forester QSUD, 2012 Mazda 3 PP, 2004 Impala Pennzoil blend. I like Mobil 1 in 0W20 AFE as well. Usually brand loyal, but sometimes try a few different flavors when I get a new vehicle.

What ever has the best sales pitch at the time. Words and phrases like; resistant to thermal breakdown, lubricity, unsurpassed (protection), increases engine life and improves MPG by 90% have my attention.

Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
Valvoline NextGen

Well intentioned but ultimately not very successful.

Winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back