Highway, 1 Hellcat owner, 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because you can buy a car doesn't mean you are smart enough to drive it.

It is a stupid car for public roads and stupid owners! Incredible for a track toy or bragging rights.

Any common sense would say there is no need for a 707 hp car.People get all worked up over the thought of all those horses and (trying) to control them..but the reality is there is no place for such a machine on the roads of America.And the driver's education training in this country is a joke.The thought that any doltz can go out and buy a 707hp car is scary.Remember,the top killers in America for cars have always been Corvette,Camaro and Mustang.Horsepower doesnt save lives,it leads those to foolishly take it.

I dunno. While it's easy to assume the worst the article says nothing about cause. It seems safe to assume stupidity but I'm sure many have wrecked cars due to others stupidity, not their own.

My old man is a television repairman - he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
It is a stupid car for public roads and stupid owners! Incredible for a track toy or bragging rights.
I wouldn't mind owning one but I am stupid.

Quickest buy it to wreck it that I know of was 10 minutes . Guy bought a 2006 GTO and thought that wet roads were as good as dry roads.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: spackard
My old man is a television repairman - he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.

They can just buff it out...

first-known-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-crash_100494768_m.jpg

Don't think the engine is going to be in perfect condition.

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Driver stupidity aside, I have said it before, and I will say it again; THIS THING NEEDS MORE TIRE, BOTH in width AND stickiness!!
eek.gif

Presumably the car comes with summer tires? If it was pretty cold when the crash happened, then these tires probably didn't have much grip, regardless.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Driver stupidity aside, I have said it before, and I will say it again; THIS THING NEEDS MORE TIRE, BOTH in width AND stickiness!!
eek.gif

Presumably the car comes with summer tires? If it was pretty cold when the crash happened, then these tires probably didn't have much grip, regardless.

True, and semi-R compounds (i.e.; Pilot Sport Cups, etc.) would be even worse yet when cold, especially this time of year in the Denver area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back