$1/qt at autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: mjk
It is going to be asked... If your application can run the 10/30, which is the better oil -- GTX or Kendall?

kenall is sm, the gtx is sn.

Kendall has the better add pack IMO.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: Alltherage
These quarts are really adding up...will be interesting to see if they exist!

I agree. Its one thing to physically buy them at the store.. Its another for thousands to be ordered online with free shipping. AZ is losing big time on this.

My main concern is that this ain't another hack, designed to get our credit card numbers, address, etc. I'm scared to use plastic practically anywhere I go. Who knows who's getting hacked next?!

(Also posted in the Products Rebates, Sales and Promotions Forum)

I, like a lot on here, have ordered the Castrol Syn Blend for $1 and got the free shipping. This after phone calls to the stores, and a visit to my nearest one, that were all met with no help, no cooperation, stubbornness and indifference to their website's sale. I am just wondering if AZ will honor these purchases we've made? My CC has already been charged and I did get a confirmation from AZ verifying my purchase. Any others with the same concerns or am I concerned for nothing?

Originally Posted By: Artem

I agree. Its one thing to physically buy them at the store.. Its another for thousands to be ordered online with free shipping. AZ is losing big time on this.

My main concern is that this ain't another hack, designed to get our credit card numbers, address, etc. I'm scared to use plastic practically anywhere I go. Who knows who's getting hacked next?!

I hope you're wrong, but with that happened last year who knows.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
I just ordered 8 cases of Castrol SynBlend 5W-30 (96 bottles) to the door for $103.92 ($96.00 + $7.92 taxes). It should be delivered after Christmas. A nice addition to my RAOK stash.

I looked at the AZ site this morning and the Castrol SynBlend 5W-20 was back in stock so I added another 8 cases to the total. I believe that Castrol is simply eliminating the stock of SynBlend due to a new oil (Castrol Magnatec) taking its place. I could not find SynBlend on the US Castrol site. For the Kendall on sale, I am not sure about that one. Good deals all the way around for API SN oil though.

Thanks again OP!

I only found 5 quarts of Castrol 5/20 and 5/30 at the closest Autozone. They had M1 5/20 HM marked at $1, but the clerk told me he already bought all of them. Checked another store and got 3 jugs of 5/30 and 10 quarts of Mobil 1 0/20 EP for $1/quart. I stopped there because I'm set for the next couple of years with that and the Trop Artic from Orschlens for $1.99/qt on black friday. Wish I had a use for 0/40 because they had at least 20 qts of Castrol at $1 each.

I hope you're wrong, but with that happened last year who knows.

What happened last year?

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
I see the 5w-20 is back in stock for ship to home

Thanks for the heads up Bob, they were out of the 5w20 yesterday but after seeing this I went back for 24 qts of it for the Fusion!

That's 24 qts of the Castrol Synblend 5w30 yesterday and 24 qts of the 5w20 today.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
I only found 5 quarts of Castrol 5/20 and 5/30 at the closest Autozone. They had M1 5/20 HM marked at $1, but the clerk told me he already bought all of them. Checked another store and got 3 jugs of 5/30 and 10 quarts of Mobil 1 0/20 EP for $1/quart. I stopped there because I'm set for the next couple of years with that and the Trop Artic from Orschlens for $1.99/qt on black friday. Wish I had a use for 0/40 because they had at least 20 qts of Castrol at $1 each.

I stopped in a az and did not see any m1 on sale here in Georgia. As in nothing marked down. Should I try another store?

Last edited:
I tried to score some M1 jugs at a few local stores and didn't have any luck. Nothing was marked and they rang up full price, so I walked out sad.

Those who scored M1 EP for $5-10 got a pretty good deal on an awesome Synthetic.

I guess I'll have to be contempt with the Synth Blend I got coming (hopefully)

Wow!! Just bought 20 quarts of the kendall 10w30 synblend and 10 quarts of the castrol 5w30 synblend for a total of $32.10!! And am tempted to buy more! kinda seems like the deal of a lifetime..

Last edited:
The GTX synblend 5w20 is Motorcraft spec'd right?

Do you mean does it meet Ford specification? If so then, yes, it meets Ford 930A and 945A:

9aCJgj.jpg

The synblend was still on the site the other day, but so was Magnetec in a BIG way which I have not actually seen anywhere yet. Even if they don't officially discontinue the synblend, Magnetec is probably it's relegation to doom anyway.

I'm pretty proud of my restraint, I only bought 24 quarts, which I can actually use (service 5 cars) since my Trop Artic just ran out. By they time the 24 quarts is gone some other deal will come along or something else I am hankering to try will be taunting me anyway.

I don't know, the last time cheap oil at such large quantities was available was 2 years ago or so when Kmarts were closing. I stocked up like crazy and am down to 40-50 quarts prior to this purchase. How much better can it get then $1 a quart for synthetic blend?

How much better can it get then $1 a quart for synthetic blend?

How much better?? Get 100 or more quarts, enter the code "GIFTME" and you'll receive a $25 gift card!!

Brings 'er down to $0.75 a quart.

That's how.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back