How do you fix a broken door mirror?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commercial car washes also cause the headlights to prematurely turn yellow and cloudy.

I may have to hold off until monday to fix this. Maybe after work.

It really sounds as though the smart thing to do is to go to a yard place, and see if they have a matching color mirror.

The "zip screws" idea could work, too? Would need the screwdriver bit, and screw..

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
buy a new mirror unit from rockauto

This, my wife had a habit of wacking the passenger side mirror on her last van. The RockAuto replacement mirror fit fine and I had it replaced in no time.

+1 on The Rock.
Coupon codes, and for a few $ more, you can probably upgrade to power, heated, and or puddle lamps
De-Uncontenting Ford products is always fun.

Screw in.

e85c1a94ffdcd25a228f5e23698f7e77.jpg

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Chalk it up as a lose, go down to the junkyard and get another mirror.

+1

Or RockAuto. Might be able to find one cheaper on eBay though, depending on year/make/model. That's where I got the 4 I put on the 99 Grand Am. Never seen such cheap mirrors. Why GM thought 3 flimsy plastic attachment points was a good idea I will never know.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt
3800Series said:
Why GM thought 3 flimsy plastic attachment points was a good idea I will never know.

No matter how sturdy it will be the most broken body part on the vehicle, might as well make them cheap to replace, keeps owner insurance costs low.

What part is actually broken? I can't tell from the tape and then non-tape photo? It almost looks like you are just missing the cover for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back