Your Dinner Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sliced two large tomatoes across the grain, and laid them on some alfoil. Two chicken breast halves (1-1/4 lb total) laid along the tomato slices, a desert spoon of saturated himalayan salt brine drizzled over them. Shallots (spring onions), sliced over the top, and marjorum leaves, a teaspoon of butter.

Foil wrapped tight, and placed into an oven at 180F for about an hour.

Pyrex baking dish with a can of coconut cream poured in, 2/3 can of dry rice, then a half can of water (to get the stuck rice and coconut out of the can)...alfoil over the top, then into the same oven to cook, into an almost pudding.

Steamed green beans and broccolli.

150g(ish) of chicken each, with the tomato, spring onion, and marjoram to dress. Some coconut rice alongside. Green beans and Broccolli.

1/3 LB of penne pasta with vodka sauce. Five minutes later I heated up the frying pan with a little bacon grease and made myself 3 fried eggs over easy and toast with butter and jelly. Yes it sounds like a lot but I'm a gym rat and eat a lot of eggs and protein. I usually eat anywhere from 4-8 eggs per day but usually not with bacon grease...tonight it was a treat.

Tonight I'll have maybe a little egg nog with rum and a dash of cinnamon. Merry Christmas!

Last edited:
Wife grilling baby backs tonight, tomorrow a big ol Costco ready Prime Rib & a Ham, and of course a variety of things to go along.
Can't wait for tomorrow, for the food.

Christmas leftover pizza...got a pizza stone for the weber for Christmas.

Daughter wanted to Christen in, so we had a Christmas leftover pizza.

Cooked a pork rack and duck over charcoal on the weber yesterday, so I had a cup of smokey rendered mixed fat (very low PP compared to either duck or pork on their own.

1-1/2 cups atta flour
tablespoon of smoked mixed fat
sachet of yeast
water.

My daughter makes a wet dough, then dries it out with flour...works better than my start dry usual.

She make a tomato paste, garlic, cajun and basil sauce.

Topped with
yesterday's duck
yesterday's ham
brown onion
Pepperoni
some pineapple on her side
pizza cheese (tastycheddar , mozzarella, and parmesan)
and topped with yesterday's hot and spicy corn chip dip.

The base tastes like a very well made Naan bread.

She kicked a goal there.

Last night (x-mas)I made a pig of myself. There was prime rib, ham and loads of other stuff but I loaded myself up on the prime rib 4 or 5 times, and just a couple scoops of mashed potatoes with her home made gravy. Didn't dig into anything else.
Then a couple hours later ate to many slices of her home made cheese cakes, none of the other desserts.
Went to bed hurt'n (way over full - didn't sleep well) and got up this morning still feeling full. I can't do breakfast this morning, so just coffee is fine.

Since there is prime rib left and ham left over, if anything, I'll have just a simple ham sandwich, maybe later a small portion of one dessert, or at least from the way I feel still, I tell her that.
errrrrrr.... so full...... I'm glad this doesn't happen often, but come New Years she always does another super feast.

Tonight we're having chicken with eggplant.
I made it!
I chopped up a large onion, sauted it in olive oil, added chopped tomatoes and eggplant and some chicken thighs.
Simmered on the stove top until done, about 30-40 minutes.
Seasoned with thyme, salt and pepper.

I think I will pick up some grassfed burgers at Super Duper tonight. Apple fritter for desert. Then head out a few hours later to see the fireworks. Have some bubbly and hit the sack.

Happy New Year, everyone!

hotwheels

My wife does seasonal work at Williams Sonoma. Tonight, she opened up a jar of their white bean chili and mixed in a big pile of ground turkey.
I heated it up, added shredded cheddar and a dollop of sour cream. The boys and I enjoyed it with blue corn chips. Quite delicious.

Tonight, I will have herb-encrusted chicken breasts with a classic butter sauce, raw potato dumplings and a mixed greens salad with onions, tomato and avocado. For dessert I made a cranberry-pear streusel tart with a ashorbread crust.

hotwheels

Tonight, garlic-herb-stuffed Brussel sprouts in a bacon-cheese (Gruyére) sauce, served with wild rice. Homemade, drunken spice cake a la mode for dessert.

hotwheels

Had a light sushi dinner at The Naked Fish in the early evening. When I got home I was still peckish, so I heated some beef goulash that I ate along with some fresh pain d'epi.

hotwheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back