astonishing repair costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the guy spent less than $100k for an Italian supercar that sounds amazing, has serious curb appeal, and will lose value at a much lower rate than other manufacturers. It sounds like a lot of money saved over buying a new one. If I had my choice between a new Porsche or a used Ferrari that is mechanically perfect I would choose the Ferrari.

I work at a shop that only works on very valuable cars and can attest to the astonishing prices. The amount of labor required to do these repairs is often massive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rfeir
Even a tail light from a specific Lambo was the same part as one on the rear of a Fiat.

Not sure if it's the same one you're thinking of, but I know my X1/9 shared some parts with the Countach.

I was referred to Tom Yang's Ferrari restoration. He bought a Ferrari for short money in '99 and spent 14 yrs bringing it back. He found an ex factory tech and became his apprentice. The neat thing about the Ferraris of old, is that they were hand made. Of a jillion small parts. So you can reduce a component to individual pieces, fix what you need and reassemble. Latest was a period ground lug for a concourse restoration. He was getting excited about finding the correct red plastic hose. The pictures and details are fascinating.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
If he is affluent.... he can afford the repair bill.

If he is not affluent and a poser pretending to have money he is in DEEP [censored].....
55.gif

Agreed-other than the profanity used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back