I Have Pennzoil 5qt.Jugs And None Are Exactly Full

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 Pennzoil 5 qt. jugs and all seem to be at a different oil level in the jug.
And tonight i stopped by walmart with the wife so she could pick up a few things and i walked over to the oil isle and noticed many jugs of pennzoil that looked at slightly different levels i don't know if it's because they are leaking because of their lousy no foil seal or if there is actually less oil in some of them or it's just the jugs are made a little wonky but i look at other oil and they seem to be pretty exact level wise.
Next time you are in a store put a few jugs side by side on a level surface and see for yourself. I did.. For my own cars i lean toward Pennzoil or Mobil 5000 when they are on roll back for a good price and notice Mobil is pretty exact in their level.

I bought a 5 qt. jug and it didn't look full either. The seal had already been broken so I wonder if somebody didn't use the original oil, put conv. oil back in it and returned it to AZ for a refund. I returned it and got a full refund. Welcome to the 21st century. Crooks, cheats and hackers are everywhere.

I broke few Pennzoil sealed caps when i was at Walmart, because i thought there must be a foil seal under the cap, and tried to find a Pennzoil jug with it.
laugh.gif
Finally realized that there is no foil seal in the Pennzoil jug(thanks BITOG!!), and bought one that still has the sealed cap.

But i can't really comment about different oil levels in the jug.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dgunay
I broke few Pennzoil sealed caps when i was at Walmart, because i thought there must be a foil seal under the cap, and tried to find a Pennzoil jug with it.
laugh.gif
Finally realized that there is no foil seal in the Pennzoil jug(thanks BITOG!!), and bought one that still has the sealed cap.

So after you broke a few of the sealed caps you bought the one that was sealed....nice!
crazy.gif

laugh.gif

Nice going.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Why would you do that?

Originally Posted By: dernp
laugh.gif

Why would you do that?

Because that was a mistake. It was the first time ever purchased Pennzoil. I just wanted to check the foil seal before buying it. I didn't do anything to the oil.

I chose the sealed one because i will keep it until the next fill.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

Why would you do that?

Because that was a mistake. It was the first time ever purchased Pennzoil. I just wanted to check the foil seal before buying it. I didn't do anything to the oil.

that's messed up man...

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I have 3 Pennzoil 5 qt. jugs and all seem to be at a different oil level in the jug.
And tonight i stopped by walmart with the wife so she could pick up a few things and i walked over to the oil isle and noticed many jugs of pennzoil that looked at slightly different levels i don't know if it's because they are leaking because of their lousy no foil seal or if there is actually less oil in some of them or it's just the jugs are made a little wonky but i look at other oil and they seem to be pretty exact level wise.
Next time you are in a store put a few jugs side by side on a level surface and see for yourself. I did.. For my own cars i lean toward Pennzoil or Mobil 5000 when they are on roll back for a good price and notice Mobil is pretty exact in their level.

maybe I'm weird but I have been noticing that since day 1, Pennzoil Ultra, old PP, and even the new PP and PUP, all have different levels...and rest of the brand names seem very very very even...

I accidentally picked up an open jug of Pennzoil HM from Oreillys that was about an inch lower than the unopened jug. I used that as a reason to return it for an unopened one.
smile.gif

I agree. Messed up. A guy who would never purchase a bottle of oil w/o a sealed cap stands there and opens a few up for experimentation. Wow. It's all about "me" anymore.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
laugh.gif

Why would you do that?

that's messed up man...

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

Did you happen to notice if another guy was there breaking all the seals to see if there was foil on the top?

If you were to buy a few of these jugs and accurately measure the contents, I think you'd find that they all hold at least slightly more than five quarts.
I always see minor variations in fill between jugs of any brand.

I changed oil in my wife's Jeep last night. After reading a few of these posts, I'm glad I put in Mobil 5000 oil in it. Why? Because the jug had a foil seal that had to be broken and I was the one who broke it.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
If you were to buy a few of these jugs and accurately measure the contents, I think you'd find that they all hold at least slightly more than five quarts.
I always see minor variations in fill between jugs of any brand.

Yes slightly over, or the Dept of Weights and Measures would be all over them, and they'd be fined.

These jugs are made of soft plastic, which means they flex and change their shape slightly, which in turn may affect the level of oil as seen on that little scale on the side of the jug.

My guess is that if you were to actually measure the amount, it would be as advertized.

Nice move, slick.

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back