Apple vs. Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: VeeDubb
Originally Posted By: rjundi
Apple iOS wins over Android in screen touch/feel/usage etc. Apple has lots of coin to spend on getting that down pat due to limited set of configurations with complete control of Os and hardware. Android it is not baked well into OS and maker dependent.

Although to be fair, iOS8 has had a lot of bugs and crashes and doesn't seem that well integrated with the large capacity iPhone 6s. iOS crashes at double the rate as Android 4.4.4. Lots of people with iPhone 6 pluses of the 64gb and 128gb varieties routinely go into randomly boot loops and blue screens. I was going to get an iphone 6 plus until it became apparent that there are some issues that Apple needs to work out. I might op for an iPad mini instead.

Thats a shame. Ive never had an issue with an update/upgrade of OS on my iphones, and Ive never encountered the battery or other usability issues mentioned here. 128GB is desirable to me... But I guess Ill keep holding off.

Originally Posted By: Kiwi_ME
Originally Posted By: rjundi
Apple iOS wins over Android in screen touch/feel/usage etc.
Could not agree more - you pretty much get what you pay for.

I disagree, I'll take Android any day but it's all personal preference. It's so nice to have options
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Just to contribute some to that always-on conversation about Apple vs. Android. I've had multiple examples/versions of both systems. I started with a Motorola Droid 2 and moved to an HTC Incredible 2...both had Android 2.x...Froyo I think. Then I moved to an iPhone 4s, starting with iOS 6, then to iOS 7, then to iOS 8. And now I've recently switched to a Motorola Droid Mini, with Android 4.4.4 KitKat. We also have an Acer tablet in the house, with Android 4.0.3 Honeycomb, an iPad 4 in the house, with iOS 8, and my wife's iPhone 5s, also with iOS 8.

It doesn't sound like either type last very long if you've been forced to replace them that frequently. Do they break that easily, or just simply go bad?

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

It doesn't sound like either type last very long if you've been forced to replace them that frequently. Do they break that easily, or just simply go bad?

I found Apple iOs to be well supported on the old stuff very well. My daughter is using a iPod Touch that is at least 4 years old and it still functions fine and new apps available and back supported on it. Android is more the wild west.

My wife before moving to an iPhone 5s used this device 3 years in parallel to a flip phone since she had free cellualar wifi card from work she was supposed to use with her work laptop she refused to lug.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Few of our devices have been replaced out of necessity. Most device upgrades have been feature-based. The exception is the pair of Motorola Droid 2s we had. My wife and I both disliked those phones quite a bit. They were fine when new, but didn't age very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back