Coffee - Your Current Brew

This stuff is nice. Good strength and flavor without tasting acidic.

DSC_6795.jpg

Wife just bought Costco Blend (green bag), ran some beans through the manual grinder, then brewed me a cup.
Man that was a fine cup of Joe. I liked it. Fresh grind & brew just when I came in from doing some outdoor work, wet and a little cold. Sure hit the spot. And she says it was the cheap stuff.
Now I'm in for trying some of the others mentioned.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer

Looks like a Hario. I have their burr grinder to use with a Melitta plastic dripper.

How does Ethiopian grown Arabica taste compared to say Colombian?

I use the Keurig we have here. I admit it isn't the strongest cup, and I hate how the portions come out smaller than my mug even when using the largest setting.

BUT

Every cup is fresh and it is very quick to make, and requires very minimal maintenance.

Tim Hortons K-Cups are great.

Hooked on the cheap Kirkland beans now (green bag) fresh grind straight to brew.
Thinking of getting one of those cone things and a kettle for hot water so I can make single cup when desired.

Tried the Keurig adapter thing but the flow is to fast (I think).
So using a single serve drip, then a larger drip'r for when more than a cup is needed.

I'm enjoying the change of coffee & grinding the beans just before brewing for better tasting fresh Joe.

Fancy coffee is better than regular coffee. Regular coffee is really good when there is no fancy coffee.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Fancy coffee is better than regular coffee. Regular coffee is really good when there is no fancy coffee.

Can't argue with that.

BTW, just got a few cans of this stuff for Xmas. Can't wait to try it...

DSC_6839.jpg

20.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Can't argue with that.

BTW, just got a few cans of this stuff for Xmas. Can't wait to try it...

DSC_6839.jpg

Nice photos, looks professional.
German coffee left a bitter taste in my mouth so I am prejudiced against German coffee. Austrian yes, Swiss yes, Dutch yes yes but German...

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Nice photos, looks professional.

Thanks!

Quote:
German coffee left a bitter taste in my mouth so I am prejudiced against German coffee.

Which German coffee have you tried so far?

I've only tried Jacobs Kronung, Dallmayr Prodomo, and some Tchibo varieties, neither of which I found bitter.

Of course, Jacobs is owned by a US-based company nowadays, so it isn't technically German.
smile.gif

Haven't tried this Dallmayr Monaco yet....

Quattro_Pete,
Many varieties of Jacobs drip and instant coffees, Tchibo drip, Davidoff varieties, Dallmayr regular drip, Eduscho Gala, Aldi German drip (both regular and mild)... Flavor and aroma not there, it is strong, mostly acidic, not refined/easy.
When you are preparing coffee, the smell should be inviting, enticing, attractive. When it is, the taste does not always live up to the smell but when it is not what is there to enjoy?

Austrians are German too as some Swiss are but their coffee has distinctive flavor/aroma when making. I stopped buying Jacobs and Dallmayr. Especially Jacobs is cheaper and available in many places. I wish the local stores carried Helmut Sachers or Douwe Egberts.

Even instant Nescafé gold tastes different in Germany compared to Switzerland version. The way they make it or the beans they choose somehow makes it taste different.

Aldi's Morning Light Roast.

It's only $3.99 per 12 Oz bag + it's very smooth & tastes great!

Anyone else try it??

Not a big coffee drinker but an Aeropress makes ANY coffee taste smooth.

It makes the biggest difference on the cheaper coffees.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Haven't tried this Dallmayr Monaco yet....

Finally did give it a try. It has a fairly decent strength, not acidic, but it's somewhat lacking in the aroma/flavor dept. Not bad, but I'd rank Alessi higher.

Back