John Deere Plus-50 II 0W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to remind people of this oil if your looking for a quality HD 0w40, this oil is a well build PAO (Poly Alpha Olefin) based oil and if you have a dealer located near you it would be an excellent source for a quality lube.

We use it often in our operations, excellent cold flow property's of -58F

(sales link removed - mod)

https://jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/docum...l_and_Physical_

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, as with most of JD products, a significant portion of what you are paying for is the Deer emblem on the side. I have standing to make this judgement, as I have been using anything form zero turn mowers to ag tractors made by JD since the 1960's. They are very proud of that deer emblem and they want show you how proud they are on the invoice.

Kinda like Harley Davidson. My neighbor owned an HD bike and told me that HD stamped or cast on the parts he bought didn't stand for Harley Davidaon but rather "Hundred Dollars".

You don't happen to work for Tri County Equipment, do you?

Originally Posted By: daman
Just want to remind people of this oil if your looking for a quality HD 0w40, this oil is a well build PAO (Poly Alpha Olefin) based oil and if you have a dealer located near you it would be an excellent source for a quality lube.

Plus 50 II

Originally Posted By: kschachn
You don't happen to work for Tri County Equipment, do you?

Originally Posted By: daman

Plus 50 II

No I don't just letting members know if they need it its a place they could buy it OTC if need be.

If I was in the mood to buy it, I would drive 11.5 miles to my JD dealer. JD dealers are just about in every town in America is seems like. At least 3 in every county. Not sure why anyone would need to order anything JD online when they can hop in their car or pickup and go buy it at a dealer. And if the dealer doesn't have it, they can get it and not charge for the shipping. It will come in with their regular delivery.

I can get the 10w-30 at a local JD dealer for a retail price of $18 per gallon and the 0w-40 for $36 per gallon. Both of those are very good retail prices compared to any diesel oil with a 500 hour spec.

Originally Posted By: T-Stick
I can get the 10w-30 at a local JD dealer for a retail price of $18 per gallon and the 0w-40 for $36 per gallon. Both of those are very good retail prices compared to any diesel oil with a 500 hour spec.

Not terrible if someone needs it and has no other alternatives.

I think it's $7 qt(0w40) at my store, reasonable for an outstanding lube IMO.

It is chock full of additives and has excellent UOA's, Ive ran it in our X5 before, but M1 works well with excellent results. More expensive than M1 but can be had cheaper then Amsoil. Its too hard for me to go out and get. If there were a closer JD dealer to me, maybe I'd make an effort. The last time I bought Plus50 0w40, there was dust on bottles. It looked like it had been sitting a while.

Wouldn't the john Deere stuff be an hdeo,and therefore not comparable to the m1 0w-40 pcmo.
To make it apples to apples wouldn't we have to compare it to devlac 0w-40,which in my opinion is the best 0w-40 hdeo out there regardless of cost.
At 520 hours on our cat forklift the TBN was still at 3 using Devlac 0w-40,so the lab explained that the oil could be run further however being the beginning of December we changed it.
I have to get used oil analysis done to maintain the warranty on the machine. Our file with Kramer tractors has uoa using everything from co-op 0w-40 to rotella 15w-40 and Kramer tractor informed us they were getting the best numbers running extended intervals with devlac so if we wanted to continue with 500+ hour intervals they said stick with devlac.
Elite 222 has the best numbers overall from what they said but none of the products we've used so far exceeded what they called normal for our machine since there are used oil analysis records since its first oil change.

Originally Posted By: T-Stick

I can get an easy 500 hr spec oil, 10w30, 15w40, or 5w40 delivered free to my front door for $21 or less per gallon now. I run the 15w40 blend for 25,000 miles or 500 hrs now and it still looks good. 346,000 miles on that engine. Last one got sold at just under a million with not major engine repair. The one before that got sold at 1.4 million with no major engine repair. The 15w40 blend that has gotten run in them is under $20 a gallon and delivered free and includes free oil sample kits and free UOA's. JD has good products, for sure, but it still remains that a premium is paid to have that Deer emblem on their stuff. Some things they have are a good value. Some are ridiculous based on the price they want.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Cummins certification and everything.

I wonder who blends this for John Deere?

Could this be Delvac?

Depending on locations and the product, XOM, COP, and Chevron all make Deere oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back