Where is Flight MH370?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard.. they never found it. And CNN has mysteriously shut up about it, after mentioning it hourly for 3 months (no joke.)

Have they stopped looking? Is there something I should know? Is the plane in another country? Was it abducted by UFOs? (*All of these things have been said.)

It should come to our attention that we forget about others when it does not concern us directly.......I think that happened during WW2 in Germany and with IsIs.

I've had a feeling it's in the Shan State.
it's a region of Burma, Roughly the size of Montana+ 2 Rhode Islands(155,000 Square Kilometers)

largely Rural, (only 3 cities) with a total population of 5.8 million, bordering China, Laos, and Thailand.
only a few main roads through it, mostly unpaved.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shan_State

featured in last year's Top Gear Long Distance Lorry Driving Challenge.(yes the one where Jeremy got in trouble for using an obscure racial epithet i didn't even catch the first few times i saw it..)
http://topgear.wikia.com/wiki/Burma_Special

It's hard to imagine in this day in age, that a very modern jet like a Boeing 777-200ER can vanish in flight, just like some of the earliest flights across the pacific with relatively unsophisticated aircraft.

What bothers me most is the absolute lack of information that's leading to wild speculation.

On the floor of the ocean, it is even unmapped in that area. The floating stuff sank long ago because people were looking in wrong area.

Look how long it took to find jet off Africa and they knew approximate location when it went down.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
ukraine

That's what parts of the Russian State Media reported. They said that the plane shot down over Ukraine (Malaysian Flight 17) was actually Malaysian Flight 370, that we (the US of A) had had it, killed everyone on board, and were flying it remotely.
From This Story: http://www.newrepublic.com/node/118782

"The best of the bunch is, of course, an elaborate one: MH17 is actually MH370, that Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared into the Indian Ocean. According to this theory, the plane didn’t disappear at all, “it was taken to an American military base, Diego-Garcia.”

Then it was taken to Holland. On the necessary day and hour, it flew out, bound for Malaysia, but inside were not live people, but corpses. The plane was flown not by real pilots; it was on autopilot. Or take-off (a complicated procedure) was executed by live pilots, who then ejected on parachutes. Then the plane flew automatically. In the necessary spot, it was blown up, without even using a surface-to-air missile. Instead the plane was packed with a bomb, just like the CIA did on 9/11.

The theory also notes that the passports of victims at the crash site all look brand new even though there was an explosion and a fire. “That is, the passports were tossed in [after the crash].” And, most [censored], all the victims’ Facebook pages were created in one day and the media is not showing any of the victims’ families, just the crash site. Though this is not true of Western media, Russian television has not featured any of this.)

original Russian report sited above, run through Google translate, since i don't speak Russian, or read the Cyrillic alphabet.
News 2.ru (Google Translated)

or if you're good with the native language:
http://news2.ru/story/416696/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: earlyre
ukraine

That's what parts of the Russian State Media reported. They said that the plane shot down over Ukraine (Malaysian Flight 17) was actually Malaysian Flight 370, that we (the US of A) had had it, killed everyone on board, and were flying it remotely.

"The best of the bunch is, of course, an elaborate one: MH17 is actually MH370, that Malaysia Airlines flight that disappeared into the Indian Ocean. According to this theory, the plane didn’t disappear at all, “it was taken to an American military base, Diego-Garcia.”

Then it was taken to Holland. On the necessary day and hour, it flew out, bound for Malaysia, but inside were not live people, but corpses. The plane was flown not by real pilots; it was on autopilot. Or take-off (a complicated procedure) was executed by live pilots, who then ejected on parachutes. Then the plane flew automatically. In the necessary spot, it was blown up, without even using a surface-to-air missile. Instead the plane was packed with a bomb, just like the CIA did on 9/11.

The theory also notes that the passports of victims at the crash site all look brand new even though there was an explosion and a fire. “That is, the passports were tossed in [after the crash].” And, most [censored], all the victims’ Facebook pages were created in one day and the media is not showing any of the victims’ families, just the crash site. Though this is not true of Western media, Russian television has not featured any of this.)

original Russian report sited above, run through Google translate, since i don't speak Russian, or read the Cyrillic alphabet.
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews2.ru%2Fstory%2F416696%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Pure lulz.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
On the floor of the ocean, it is even unmapped in that area. The floating stuff sank long ago because people were looking in wrong area.

Look how long it took to find jet off Africa and they knew approximate location when it went down.

It took 3 days to find this plane when they saw bodies and a ton of plane parts. The bulk of it did take two years, however.
Stuff HAD to have washed up on the coast of Australia at some point if it landed in the water.

ukraine

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews2.ru%2Fstory%2F416696%2F&edit-text=&act=url

Some people must have Huge Tinfoil Hats to come up with such nonsense!

Last edited:

There's an enormous pile of floating plastic trash somewhere in the Pacific where currents drop it. There must be some part of a plane or its occupants that would have floated into this collection, if it did crash.

Whoever stole this plane could have shredded 5 lbs of miscellaneous contents and dumped them in the approximate "crash site" to throw people off the trail. They either ran out of time or prefer this mystery.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
ukraine

News 2.ru (Google Translated)

or if you're good with the native language:
http://news2.ru/story/416696/

Don't forget, to make that theory work, they would also have to get rid of two planes, 9M-MRO (MH370) AND 9M-MRD (MH17).

Originally Posted By: eljefino

There's an enormous pile of floating plastic trash somewhere in the Pacific where currents drop it. There must be some part of a plane or its occupants that would have floated into this collection, if it did crash.

Whoever stole this plane could have shredded 5 lbs of miscellaneous contents and dumped them in the approximate "crash site" to throw people off the trail. They either ran out of time or prefer this mystery.

I'm not totally sold on the whole hijacked-and-stored scenario either. It's a logistics nightmare.

The vast majority of the "news" from Russia is a steaming pile...

My opinion is this plane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean somewhere well west of Australia.

The remoteness of that part of the ocean is well documented, and given it took days before any search effort was event thought about in that area, let alone looking even in the remote vicinity of where the plane may have been meant the easy to verify stuff was gone.

How it got there is the most interesting question in my mind, and given enough time and resources (ie: money), I believe it will be found. If our interest wanes, and money goes elsewhere, we'll never know.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Most of a plane floats.
The fact that they haven't found even a seat cushion means it's on land somewhere, in my opinion.

I have to agree with this, it makes perfect sense.

It sure is a strange story for sure. I followed it for a while after it happened and am surprised that nothing has ever been found washed up somewhere. But like others said, it may be on land and if it is where the plant life and trees are thick, may not be found for a very long time.

This. Early on, I believed that it might have been stolen and hidden, but something would have shown up. A hit on a passenger's cell phone SIM card, someone who saw something, a valuable part on the black market. Nope. Its on the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back