Army Proud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings and good evening to all in the land of all things Bitog:

Well friends, I'm back. Wifey and I just returned from an exciting trip to Fort Jackson, South Caroline where we were honored to watch our son graduate from Basic training.

Quite frankly my friends, I was impressed, very impressed. Impressed with our nations military. Impressed at the work done to train our nations young men and women into the fighting force that defends our nations freedom. Impressed that from ten weeks ago, these individuals have been transformed from children into mature men and women who are proud to be Americans and proud to wear the uniform of the United States Army.

They stood tall, spoke well, are respectful and are now determined to serve our country with honor and courage.

And yes, I was proud of them, and most especially proud of my son as all fathers and mothers must be proud that yet another generation will take their place in the long line of history to defend those things we hold near and dear: hearth and home, family, friends, loved ones, and most especially, peace.

Ten weeks ago, I shared with you the beginning of my son's journey into a career serving his country and asked for your prayers of protection and strength. You prayed those prayers and they were answered. Thank you.

Tonight, when my heart is so filled with fatherly pride, I ask that you continue to pray for my son and for all those who serve, that our God of might and power would watch over our nation and over our world to preserve peace, that He would protect those who stand watch over our nations freedoms, and that in all things, His will be done.

My boy has taken the journey and come home a man - and I am proud to call him my son.

122yz5c.jpg

Congratulations and please give your son my thanks for his service. It is people like him doing what they do so that folks like us are able to live the lives we do.

cheers3.gif

Congratulations to you and your Son! Unfortunately/Fortunately I will be among the group that is the "relief" to your Son's class next month at Fort Jackson.

I wish the best for you and your Son.

Congradulations, it sounds like you did an excellent job of parenting, it's good you are proud. I wish more parents were really proud of their children. Make sure he sees your post here!

Last edited:
You have more reasons to be proud! From what I can see he's already made 1)Private First Class (from my experience not all are promoted at graduation). 2)Has what appears to be the Good Conduct Medal, and 3)a Marksmanship Badge! Those things, especially the PFC stripes indicates to me that he did well during basic training. Besides that, that is one fine looking young man!

All-in-all, both he and you have much to be proud of!! Also, you need to let us know what Advanced Training he is expecting to undergo?

Let me add my Congratulations to your son on completing the beginning of his journey.

From now until the end of the world, we and it shall be remembered. We few, we Band of Brothers. For he who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.”
- William Shakespeare (“Quote from King Henry V”)

The blue uniforms are more striking than the OD green of my day.

Last edited:
Congratulations to your son. He will be an excellent soldier in whatever field he trains in.

From what I can see in the photo, he had very experienced Drill Sergeants. The Staff Sergeant on the left (to your son's right) has seven overseas bars indicating 3.5 years deployed. That could mean four different trips to the "sand box" over the past 11 years. The Sergeant First Class on the right wears a Combat Infantryman's Badge and a Purple Heart. Hopefully they passed on many of the "lessons learned" to the young troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back