Very frustrated with PetsMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 29662
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: 29662
All of my dogs(3) are rescues, one of them was adopted at Petsmart. At the petsmart in my area all of the rescues have it pretty good, food/water and cleanliness. I have however boycotted Petsmart because they discriminate against Bully breeds, and as a longtime Pitbull owner I can not support a "pet" company that has such breed specific biases.

I swear some of you guys need to get a life, arguing about such asinine things. And getting personal over it, go have a drink or smoke a bowl or something.

Sorry but I don't drink or do drugs.

I originally had simply made some comments to try and provide another way of looking at the situation. Nothing was personal and I even went out of my way to praise the OP for caring. For some reason it was turned personal back against me. Typical of this site though.

As far as PetSmart not dealing with Pitbulls. I see no problem with that. While not all Pitbulls they are a dangerous breed on the whole and they pose insurance risks. I can also see it being a case of PetSmart trying to look ahead and avoid any lawsuits because a Pitbull they sold attacks someone. We live in a very litigious society and it is a no brainer if one of their dogs attacked someone they would be in a law suit.

Sadly humans have ruined the breed and it's reputation.

Do you also believee that certain races or cultures are dangerous, and should be treated in a similar fashion? Just curious.

The problem with pitbulls is a contrived PR problem. Any dog that attacks anyone is reported as a pitbull. Just like any gun that shoots someone is an AK47 or a GLOCK.

I don't really care what race, culture, or religion someone belongs to as long as they leave me alone. When they start targeting me( by that I mean my race, culture, religion, country, etc... )then I pay attention.

Muslims are #1 on my danger list at present. Not because it is all of them but because it is so many of them. Places like China, North Korea, Russia, etc... worry me but for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back