weight % ASTM D 874 0.8
TBN
mg KOH/g ISO 3771 7.4
NOACK
% CEC–L–40–A–93 4.2

Last edited:
welcome2.gif
to BITOG !
Is this any chance Selenia K Pure Energy?

Noooo... Selenia's pour point is -33. I wouldn't expect -42 pour point from the oil that is up to 92% HC
smile.gif
. It might be Selenia Sport Power, but it's not.

Last edited:
HTHS seems a little low for a 40 weight. The TBN isn't very exciting either. It does however have a good pour point and an excellent NOACK%.

Ok i'll bite. What is it?

Application - MultiAir 170HP

Can you find much better HTHS & TBN in a Mid SAPS oil?

Last edited:
I must have overlooked the "sulphate residue content" portion of it. In that case it looks fine and completely serviceable. I'm still pretty impressed with the extremely low NOACK.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Not enough info , we don't know zinc, phosphorus , calcium, sodium etc.

This will be probably hard to get. The oil is Motorex XPERIENCE FS-X SAE 5W/40. And it is [censored] expensive.

Anyway, I am looking for something very good that will be 5W-40 and will meet FIAT 9.55535-S2.

Last edited:
Well NOACK value is really great, in fact it's so great that it could be a misprint. Pour point is very good too.
There is one thing I don't like personally, it's low V.I of this oil. Selenia Star PE ( this is I believe factory recommendation for your car) have much higher V.I of 175 and pour point of under -36, and TBN of 7. So I wouldn't pay premium over Selenia or any other major brand that comply with FIATs S2 spec. for that Swiss oil.

The problem is that StAR P.E. is up to 92% hydrocracked base and there are reports of sludge deposits in the engine, even with shorter than recommended intervals. I'm a bit concerned with that.

I myself had problem with stuck crankshaft ventilation hose last winter - don't know if it was an oil problem or something else... Also, it seems that the car needs longer runs from time to time. After I had made a 600 km motorway trip a few months ago, fuel consumption on average has dropped by 1 litre per 100 km (!!!).

Last edited:
Check this one, it's got very good Shell Helix Ultra AT-L 5w40.

Also look at Fuchs Titan if they produce something for you. VERY good oil in general.
Cheers

Last edited:
Oh, and every C3 oil is HC oil. Nothing wrong with that .Group III oils are very good. This is the reason I like new Shell GTL range. It's better than crude oil hydro cracking without going to PAO. And it's cheap to produce.

Last edited:
I already looked for Shell, but it is hard or impossible to get in Poland.
Fuchs's PDSs are completely uninformative. Do you have any detailed data about TITAN GT1 5W-40?

Originally Posted By: Cuore_Sportivo
spasm3 said:
The oil is Motorex XPERIENCE FS-X SAE 5W/40. And it is [censored] expensive.

Since I live in Switzerland and this is a Swiss made product I wanted to tell you that Motorex oils are not particularly popular in Switzerland. You will most likely see some other oils on shelves here than Motorex (usually either Castrol or Valvoline).

Of course, popularity maybe one thing and quality is another. In that sense it will be interesting to see the reviews of Motorex oils from there base line (http://www.motorex.com/index.cfm?oid=1146&lang=fr attention, french language)

Unfortunately, I did not see many articles doing reviews of their oils, and to me and many other people living in Switzerland these oils are dinosaurs.

I've read they're factory fill for KTM and hence quite popular with bikers.
I suppose you cannot verify the price in Switzerland? In Poland 4L jug is around 62 EUR!

All oils in your spec would have similar performance in practice. Find most available one in your area, with good price and change it more often. You could also look at additional approvals (on top of s2) when choosing oil like MB 229.51 specification. MB 229.51 is a very strict spec. Take a peek at this:
http://direct.asda.com/Castrol-Edge-Engine-Oil-5W40---4L/001022057,default,pd.html

Last edited:
Cuore_Sportivo,

Originally Posted By: Cuore_Sportivo
I suppose you cannot verify the price in Switzerland? In Poland 4L jug is around 62 EUR!

Well, 62 EUR is very cheap by local standards. The OD used some unknown ELF engine oil in my car priced with ~ 100 EUR for 4 liters.

As for the Motorex price in Switzerland. I did not find exactly the one you search, but Motorex Concept X-C2 (ACEA c2) is priced here 22.95 CHF per liter (19.08 EUR) which will cost you 4 x 19.08 = 76.32 EUR (93 US dollars). The product link is https://www.bricoetloisirs.ch/loisirs-+-...702/P4713155/fr

OK. I found it: http://www.brack.ch/motorex-motorenoel-xperience-300229

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back