DETECTIVES: What is my Camry's ACTUAL model code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the real code for my plain Jane 2013 Camry SE 17 inch rims with the 4cyl engine and 6 speed Auto 760E transmission?
No Hybrid, no sunroof, no navigation, no wifi, no remotes start, no park assist. yada yada yada

These are all of the codes for the Camry, I can't even figure out which might be a hybrid designation so I can't strike that out.

ASV50L-CETNKA

ASV50L-CETGKA
ASV50L-CETSKA

ASV50L-SETNKA
ASV50L-SETGKA

I've searched and searched and can figure it out.

I'm thinking there have to be way more than five different codes. I still remember the code from the RAV4 when I bought it - 4288 (Limited V6 4WD). At that time, there were 12 different model codes for the RAV4 lineup.

It's not on your B-pillar door sticker next to your VIN?

I did an alignment on a camry and the info I needed was there.

Originally Posted By: SumpChump
I've searched and searched and can figure it out.

Open your driver's door. The pillar at the rear edge of the door will have a sticker at the bottom. The sticker will face to the LEFT of the vehicle, NOT towards the FRONT.

At the bottom of that sticker, just below the bar code, you will find your specific vehicle code.

A bit of digging tells me that there are THREE codes involved here:

the chassis code,
the model code,
and what appears to be
the entire Camry range code.

Your chassis code is ASV50 (the "L" indicates the low-price class). The details of the chassis (4WD, hybrid, etc.) are given in the portion of the code succeeding the hyphen.

Your model code is given in the 4th through 7th characters of the VIN number that's visible in the bottom driver-side corner of the windshield. It might be something like BF1FK.

And then there's the code that seems to identify the entire Camry range. For the '13, that appears to be XV50.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Camry_(XV50)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back