Dallas Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that Romo has lost it after his back injury. Not unlike a Nascar guy who has a bad wreck, he just seems to be overly cautious. Even my wife commented during the Philly game how he layed down instead of trying to avoid a sack on one play.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Originally Posted By: deven
His job is to not take sacks, fumble the ball or throw stupid INTs. He has a track record of doing all of the above in big games especially playoffs. Even the color commentators mention how he shouldnt have taken a sack or throw a ball thats intercepted.
How do you think he got the reputation of "the cowboys are not going to win anything as long as Romo is the qb"

If he does so bad, how did he generate his stellar QB rating?

I base nothing on "color commentating". They are so biased its pathetic. They will hype one QB to the skies, and trash another, while the 2nd QB has better production.

Just like Peyton. Romo is a decent qb who can put up numbers but he's not a clutch playoff qb. In clutch games he does something to cost Cowboys points. He just needs to show up in the playoffs. Until then he just another Dan Marino. Great numbers but fail in the playoffs by making dumb mistakes.

Would just like to add that I was again in Dallas the past 12 days and actually took some time to explore the city this time. It is beautiful! The downtown is so vastly different from the hospital area 'round Parkland where we had primarily been keeping to the previous trip, I feel a bit bad about the light I painted it in when I last spoke on the topic.

Saw lots of Cowboys fans and memorabilia around. I visited the Cowboy shop down near the JFK shooting site and 6ft floor museum. Bought a wonderful brown cowboy hat, made in the USA, with the Texas star on the front at the shop. Was going to buy a white Cowboys hat with the blue star on it but forgot. Will do the next time I'm down.

What a great place! Those who live there, your downtown is absolutely wonderful! Treasure it.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Marino is in the Hall of Fame so that is pretty good company

He's already said on record that he'd swap a superbowl ring for HOF.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Would just like to add that I was again in Dallas the past 12 days and actually took some time to explore the city this time. It is beautiful! The downtown is so vastly different from the hospital area 'round Parkland where we had primarily been keeping to the previous trip, I feel a bit bad about the light I painted it in when I last spoke on the topic.

Saw lots of Cowboys fans and memorabilia around. I visited the Cowboy shop down near the JFK shooting site and 6ft floor museum. Bought a wonderful brown cowboy hat, made in the USA, with the Texas star on the front at the shop. Was going to buy a white Cowboys hat with the blue star on it but forgot. Will do the next time I'm down.

What a great place! Those who live there, your downtown is absolutely wonderful! Treasure it.

Sounds like you experienced everything!! Have never been but everyone raves about Dallas!! They say the restaurants are amazing. I need to visit!!

If he never wins a SB I think he will be remembered alot like Danny White-a pretty good qb just not good enough for whatever reasons

Danny White had one weapon that few other QBs ever had.

He was also the punter.

4th downs had to be nightmares to get the right defense out.

Yes, I had a steak that was $60.00 and melted in my mouth, was fantastic!

This sealed the deal. Gotta visit Dallas!

thumbsup2.gif

Dallas has the architecture, but Fort Worth has the heart and soul.

Wanted to add that Tony Romo actually went to the same high school I did (albeit different times).

My father was a teacher there, and Tony was one of his last students before he passed away.

Originally Posted By: mjk
Wanted to add that Tony Romo actually went to the same high school I did (albeit different times).

My father was a teacher there, and Tony was one of his last students before he passed away.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Rest in peace Pops!!

Anyone see the Colt game today?
Romo cant ever win big games?
Well today Romo led them to the NFC East title and who would have thought that before the year started
To be able to do this with their defense is amazing
Had to crow a little,its been a long time coming

Anyone see the Colt game today?
Romo cant ever win big games?
Well today Romo led them to the NFC East title and who would have thought that before the year started
To be able to do this with their defense is amazing
Had to crow a little,its been a long time coming

Relish it. You Cowboy fans and team have earned. Colts are not as good as their record makes them out to be. They beat up on the lesser teams and lose to the elite ines and yes Dallas is one. No one in their right mind would have said Dallas will make the playoffs let alone win the NFC east!! Lets see what Romo can do when the bright lights come on. Like I have said before I am rooting for them silently
smile.gif
because I'm a huge Garrett fan!!

I would like to see them do good in the playoffs but I think their defense will be the issue
Romo and group will score points on anyone I think
Just winning the East made my season and they will be a tough foe for anyone right now home or away
Very happy to see Philly fall apart when it was theirs for the taking

Colts fan here. The Colts have Luck and then about 40 scrubs that take the field with him every Sunday. That was a bum kicking win by the Cowboys. Enjoy it.

2 decades of futility, hoping it changes this year.

Hope Dez continues to evolve as a human being, and throws up similar numbers for the next 6+ years.

His job is to not take sacks, fumble the ball or throw stupid INTs. He has a track record of doing all of the above in big games especially playoffs. Even the color commentators mention how he shouldnt have taken a sack or throw a ball thats intercepted.
How do you think he got the reputation of "the cowboys are not going to win anything as long as Romo is the qb"

I base nothing on "color commentating". They are so biased its pathetic. They will hype one QB to the skies, and trash another, while the 2nd QB has better production.

Just like Peyton. Romo is a decent qb who can put up numbers but he's not a clutch playoff qb. In clutch games he does something to cost Cowboys points. He just needs to show up in the playoffs. Until then he just another Dan Marino. Great numbers but fail in the playoffs by making dumb mistakes.

For the last 15 years the Colts have had one on the best QB's in the league without a lot else. Peyton had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James to help him out. On the defense the Colts had Freeney, Mathis, and all world play from Bob Sanders for 21/2 seasons. The Colts have had a very shallow talent pool with some really stinky play from both defensive and offensive lines. The one season they won it Bob Sanders came in for the playoffs as a one man wrecking crew blowing up running backs that erased the many deficiencies of the defense.

It is the same story every season. Weak softees up front and some magic from the QB that wins a lot games but is exposed by playoff teams in the post season.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

For the last 15 years the Colts have had one on the best QB's in the league without a lot else. Peyton had Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Edgerrin James to help him out. On the defense the Colts had Freeney, Mathis, and all world play from Bob Sanders for 21/2 seasons. The Colts have had a very shallow talent pool with some really stinky play from both defensive and offensive lines. The one season they won it Bob Sanders came in for the playoffs as a one man wrecking crew blowing up running backs that erased the many deficiencies of the defense.

It is the same story every season. Weak softees up front and some magic from the QB that wins a lot games but is exposed by playoff teams in the post season.

Just sad that Peyton couldn't win more SBs with that kind of talent around him. Never seen a qb with that much talent choke more than him. I partially blame Tony Dungy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back