What are your favorite detailing products?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Zeus33
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Here are mine - for now:

Trim Protectant/Restorer - Blackwow Pro

Have you tried the CarPro Dlux?

I only used it in an application where the trim was very faded, and it didn't fare so well at all. Strangely enough, Blackwow Pro worked great in the same application.

So I don't know - I have not used it enough to draw a conclusion.

doitmyself said:
I'm of the persuasion that the less you touch your car finish, the better (micro marring).

I have been using Zaino products for the past 12 years with awesome results. I only detail my daily driver (outdoors 24/7) 2 times/year (spring/fall) and my car is still beading as I write this. I have never had to do a correction polish in over thirty years (maybe a spot correction where somebody bumped it).

- Quick and light clay (any brand) using diluted car wash soap
- Zaino AIO as a cleaner/prep.

- 2 coats Z2 with ZFX.
-Pakshak towels still going strong after 10 years (yikes).

I use 303 per the interweb sheeple mandate - do exterior parts about 4x annually.

At work I am trying out the Duragloss product line on Ag. equipment with good results. It is much cheaper.

I would try other new age products if I could buy trial amounts at low cost.

Dittos on the Zaino products. I've tried all the brands on the shelf and Zaino is the easiest to use and lasts longer than anything I've tried. Z2 & Z5 with ZFX and the quick detailer spray. I've always liked the Meguires beige bottle polishes and conditioners for off the shelf products.

Malco flash and Malco very berry wash and wax. Flash is an easy to apply wax that you can use in full sun and it is still easy to apply and come off. You don't have to use a lot of arm strength. With these two products, I can hand wash and hand wax my car in under two hours and have a sheen that will last for a month. Used more often it builds ups a great layer of wax.
And Collinite for long term waxing before winter.

1. Meguires, Rain -x or Blue Coral wash
2. Meguires or Clay Magic clay
3. Car Brite sealer
4. (Optional) Meguires Show car Glaze-7 (when I'm taking vehicle to a cruse-in or show)
5. Collinite 476s or Meguires 26 wax
6. 303 for interior and rubber trim
7. no tire dressing / shine - just scrub the tires down with soap and rinse.

Nuff said,

xtell

Any rinseless car wash. If there's a bad brand out there I don't know what it was. I like the Collinite 476 paste wax a lot. I apply it with a Flex, so its easy.

Thanks to the 'net, I haven't bought too many clinkers. U;ve been at least reasonably satisfied with almost everything.

Any rinseless car wash. If there's a bad brand out there I don't know what it was. I like the Collinite 476 paste wax a lot. I apply it with a Flex, so its easy.

Thanks to the 'net, I haven't bought too many clinkers. U;ve been at least reasonably satisfied with almost everything.

For a single everyday product, most used is Ultima WW+. I mix it a tad strong, great for removing dust and leaves a nice slick finish.

OMG, did first Optimum no-rinse wash of my car for the season. this is the most amazing product ever! car is gleaming. Two buckets and about 15 microfiber towels. unbelievable

Originally Posted By: PeterGreen
OMG, did first Optimum no-rinse wash of my car for the season. this is the most amazing product ever! car is gleaming. Two buckets and about 15 microfiber towels. unbelievable

Don't use the 2-bucket method with ONR unless your 2nd bucket also contains the ONR mix. Otherwise, you'll dilute the strength of the ONR solution.

Originally Posted By: PeterGreen

Don't use the 2-bucket method with ONR unless your 2nd bucket also contains the ONR mix. Otherwise, you'll dilute the strength of the ONR solution.

+1

Leather:
BMW Leather Conditioner
Meguiard Gold Class Leather Cleaner & Conditioner

Exterior:
Sonax Tire Foam
3M Performance Finish Synthethic Wax
Meguiars Wash & Wax

I dont really detail my car but i do have a bottle of 3M Synthethic Wax that i use frequently to get rid of surface contamination, micro-swirls and even light scratches. It really does wonders although it's only temporal of course.
Im planning to buy a DA Polisher soon and use Meguiars products exclusively for detailing. (Since its the only brand along with 3M that offers their full range of detailing products here)

I really like Turtle Wax Ice interior detailer. No greasy cheap shine on the dash and it smells good. Actually very happy with the Ice line of products overall.

I had a tree sap problem on my sunroof and WD 40 seemed to work.

I seem to have some swirl/small scratches on my paint. Hard to see them unless under the right light. It is a daily driver though.

Please share your favorite detailing products at the moment, by category.

At the moment:

Wash: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

Wax: Surf City Barrier Reef Paste

Tires: Mothers Back to Black Tire Renew

Leather Seats: Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner

Vinyl Dash: Turtle Wax Maxx Protectant

Windows: Stoners Invisible Glass wipes

Quick Detailer: 2oz ONR in old Griots Garage Speedshine 35oz spray bottle filled with water

Last edited:
Turtle wax platinum extra gloss. I had this wax a few years ago and when I finally used it with fresh applicators and towels, it really popped and got me a few compliments on my Saturn.

It never really impressed any other time and I ran out and have never seen it since. Made me give more of my business to turtle wax, and the fact they are US based helped when I started getting into that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back