Found a USA made tool at AutoZone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the zone tonight. I was really surprised when I looked at the package and it said "Made in USA of Foreign and Domestic Components." Most all Duralast tools are Taiwan made.

Duralast 71-414

Made in Chinatown,USA
grin2.gif

As others have mentioned on this site, Menards has a bunch of USA made hand tools under the Mastercraft name.

Its rare I look at the tool aisle at Autozone, unless I need something cheap and in a hurry. But I think they carry a lot of Lisle stuff if I remember right. I think its all US made.

I was surprised recently when I needed a wheel stud. Autozone had them in stock, by Dorman. Made in USA!

I have never had any luck with car parts tools. To me, they seem like overpriced HF tools.

Perhaps these US assembled ones are of better quality?

A-zones duralast tools are pretty good usually. The guys on garagejournal really like the ratchets.I've got a couple of sockets and wrenches that are good quality and a step above craftsman for sure

Thanks brages. I actually came here to correct my post. I was thinking about my new boat we bought this fall.

I bought some conduit fittings at Home Depot yesterday that were made in USA. Also some bar steel a couple of weeks ago, also made in USA. Never thought I'd ever see made in USA hardware!

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I bought some conduit fittings at Home Depot yesterday that were made in USA. Also some bar steel a couple of weeks ago, also made in USA. Never thought I'd ever see made in USA hardware!

HD is better than Lowes IME when it comes to US made stuff...

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I have never had any luck with car parts tools. To me, they seem like overpriced HF tools.

Perhaps these US assembled ones are of better quality?

Years ago NAPA had some real good brands. SK, Blackhawk, Proto, CAL-VAN, Plews, etc.
I still have some SK stuff i bought over 35 years ago from NAPA, the Phillips head screwdrivers are the best i ever owned, the tips remain undamaged to this day.

My favorite ratchet is an old 1/4 SK fine tooth. It is only 3 inches long. I found it in front of the mail box with a short extension and a 6mm socket.
grin2.gif

SK.. Sounded familiar so I Googled it and had to refer to my tool box. My late grandma gave me a small SK set with the 3" ratchet when she moved out of her house and into her apartment. Claimed it belonged to my grandfather who passed away in the early 70s. That being said, I'd hate to guess how old it is..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back