New Product - Schaeffer's Supreme 9000 0W20!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an effort to get "the news scoop" on most of you guys, I came across another OW20 motor oil being introduced, Shaeffer's Supreme 9000 0W20. Due in Feburary. I'll let someone else Google and post the product data sheet I saw here.

From the product data sheet, I gleaned the following details:

Viscosity@40C 42.37, Viscosity @100C 8.37, HT/HS 2.63, CCV@35C 5060, Flash pt 400F, TBN 7.84, NOACK 12.58. And to all of you who fall down to the altar of High VI oils, a VI of 178. I might add my commentary, that this VI figure is higher than all the other over the counter OW20 motor oils, such as Pennzoil, Mobil 1, Havoline Red Line and Valvoline.

Dexos-1 Approved, "Suitable" for all the Ford 20wt specs, Chrysler specs, and Honda HTO-06 specs.

I happen to be a fan of the smaller, trucking, agricultural & Industrial product based motor oil companies (Shaeffers, Lubrication Engineers), as compared to the larger automotive product based motor companies. Sure, you pay more for their products (because industrial customers aren't as price fickle as we consumers). Thus product price is sometimes taken out of the equation to insure a high quality product. For example, Lubrication Engineers has the highest VI 5W20 motor oil available (172), for those who wish to stick with a 5W20 oil. Makes me wonder what they could do if they made a 0W20.

Who will be the first to buy? I'll admit, the product specs look good on paper.

Well in addition to 178 VI it's KV40 of 42.37cSt is lower than all other 0W-20s next to the very high VI Japanese 0W-20s and Cross 0il's SynGard.

As you have pointed out it would be a good choice for any Ford, GM or Chrysler 0W/5W-20 application.

According to their spec sheet it does...
Both 5w20 and 0w20 are specced/stated as meeting HTO-6.

Supreme 9000 Full Synthetic SAE 5W-20 meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturers’ requirements: MIL-PRF-46152E; CID A-A- 52039B; API Service Classification SN, Resource Conserving; ILSAC GF-5; Ford WSS-M2C945-A (SAE 5W-20); Ford WSS-M2C930-A; General Motors dexos- 1TM compliant; General Motors 6094M; Chrysler MS-6395Q; Toyota and Honda Service Fill Specifications; Honda/Acura HTO-06

Supreme 9000TM Full Synthetic SAE 0W-20 meets and exceeds the following specifications and manufacturers’ requirements: MIL-PRF-46152E; CID A-A-52039B; API Service Classification SN, Resource Conserving; ILSAC GF-5; Ford WSS-M2C945-A (suitable for use); Ford WSS-M2C946-A (suitable for use); Ford WSS-M2C-947-A (suitable for use) General Motors dexos-1TM compliant; General Motors 6094M; Chrysler MS-6395Q; Toyota and Honda Service Fill Specifications; Honda/Acura HTO-06.

You can find the spec sheets online at schaeffers.

Cheers....

Not sure about the dexos1 approved thing as posted by the OP. Probably more like their 9000 5w30 that I use which claims to meet the dexos1 spec, but is not on the "approved" list at the dexos site. The claim alone works for me, but I don't even put much of any worry about that. I use it in a 2013 Chevy Silverado. Schaeffer has been at the oil and lube game longer than anyone in the U.S., so I figure that they might have things figured out, so if they say an oil meets a spec, it probably does. I don't need to see it on some "approved" list. It sure isn't like Schaeffer oil is being blended by Billy Bob in his garage.

Claim what they want but HTO-06 is a 5W-30 spec.

This might be the best 0W-20 on the planet but no member here will buy it with it's 12.58 Noack. It will evaporate pouring it out of the bottle. Does Schaeffer use foils seals on their bottles? I hope so.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
That's quite a volatility issue for some engine designs. Expect a lot of it to be in the intake through the PCV...

Yep.
And if it's a direct injection there could be real problems.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
That's quite a volatility issue for some engine designs. Expect a lot of it to be in the intake through the PCV...

Yep.
And if it's a direct injection there could be real problems.

Maybe. But, for example, Ford's recommended Motorcraft synthetic blend has higher volatility. And as Ford has jumped into the DI pool as aggressively as anyone, maybe it really doesn't matter.

That is why there are PCV oil catch cans on the market for those that think about such things. The small engine OEM "engineers" seem to have been taking in the sights at Hooter's on the day it was discussed. The heavy truck OEM's already include oil trap with filters on their engine closed crankcase systems that came about with EPA 2007 Tier 3 regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back