Bluetooth audio controls

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHZR2

Staff member
Looking at using a Bluetooth audio adapter for an old 30-pin iPod dock. I've not been able to identify if commands and data are transferable over the Bluetooth audio protocol... For example, skip forward and back on the dock, and it allows the device holding the files to be skipped via the control over bt.

If connected by BT, is one of the two items, the dock or the player, locked out of control?

Thanks!

Never had a player (smartphone) locked out when connected via bluetooth.

Whether the dock will have full control depends on the adapter I believe. If it is important to you, then look for one that says it does. I have had two bluetooth adapters connected to a Mercedes wired ipod connector that didn't interface fully with an iphone.

I have a Bose SoundDock with 30 pin and use some Amazon.com $20 china bluetooth adapter on it to play an iPhone 5/6 easily on it. The remote for Bose seems to work 100% fine with it including skipping etc.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
I have a Bose SoundDock with 30 pin and use some Amazon.com $20 china bluetooth adapter on it to play an iPhone 5/6 easily on it. The remote for Bose seems to work 100% fine with it including skipping etc.

It seems that there are some protocols, which maybe need to be ensured? I think there are maybe three versions of bluetooth streaming audio, and some other protocols.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back