WM to no longer carry Pennzoil HM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dollar General doesn't always advertise it in the flyer but they often do, they are pretty darn consistent in alternating, Castrol, Pennzoil and occasionally Peak. Probably at least once every two months they run Pennzoil. But you'll not likely find motor oil in their flyer this time of year.

It's usually around $3.75 a quart on sale, combined with the $5 dollar coupon (you can print it off their website) it comes out around 3 bucks. They have both PYB and Penn HM, same for Castrol and Peak. They must sell a pretty good bit, the last two times I've bought Pennzoil the bottles were marked with dates less than two months old.

Right now my local Walmart still has plenty on the shelf. It's still on sale tho so I should probably get some just in case. This would stink if true.

My truck doesn't leak but was recently burning quite a bit of oil while running a full synthetic. I switched to Pennzoil HM 5w20 and it hasn't burned a drop that I can tell 3000 miles into my normal 5000 mile OCI. Seems to a very fine engine oil.

Last edited:
Last week I purchased a jug of PHM here in Pewaukee Wi... Plenty on the shelf. I went in looking for Maxlife which was gone and picked up PHM.

Hi dlundblad, thank you for your comment. Walmart will continue to carry the 5 quart Pennzoil High Mileage bottle. At certain times of the year, this product is on Rollback for a limited time, so please make sure to check back in 2015 for another rollback on Pennzoil High Mileage. The product is in fact a synthetic blend and please send us a private message if you are still unable to find the product. Thank you for the support! - The Pennzoil Team

Originally Posted By: GenaFishbeck
Hi dlundblad, thank you for your comment. Walmart will continue to carry the 5 quart Pennzoil High Mileage bottle. At certain times of the year, this product is on Rollback for a limited time, so please make sure to check back in 2015 for another rollback on Pennzoil High Mileage. The product is in fact a synthetic blend and please send us a private message if you are still unable to find the product. Thank you for the support! - The Pennzoil Team

Thank you for your detailed response and clarification. It is also very interesting to see it is in fact a blend. Oreillys actually mentions this in their description, but I assumed they had their facts wrong.

The Local Sam's Club here just carries a variety of 5w-30 and 10w-30 and diesel oil. QS, Pennzoil, Mobil1 ... no 20 grade oils at all.

Still more expensive than Walmart.

Last edited:
They seem to be hit and miss with oil deals. Some are pretty decent, but they are always grades that I don't need.

Last winter, they had M1 cases (6 quarts) for $19.xx.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: KCJeep
why would you not advertise that on the bottle?

x2

x3,plus it says on their site it's a conventional. I copied and pasted this from their site:

Pennzoil® High Mileage Vehicle® is a Pennzoil® conventional motor oil

Originally Posted By: Lex94
I'm guessing Pennzoil High Mileage 10w30 is Rotella T5 10w30 with lower ZDDP.

Nope. Look at the specs each meets.

I wonder what the synthetic % is as well. Surely its not 50% because the PHM 5w30 would have been Dexos approved right?

This also makes me wonder if the Dexos blend is indeed the loved high moly PYB with a synthetic added.

PQIA shows the PHM having identical moly, calcium and zinc compared to PYB.

It's not that difficult....

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_Local_TDS_United_States_Shell_Rotella_T5_10W-30_%28CJ-4%29_%28en-US%29_TDS.pdf

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_GTDS_Pennzoil_High_Mileage_Vehicle_10W-30_Motor_Oil_%28SN%29_%28en%29_TDS.pdf

Originally Posted By: jacky
not to sound rude but there are plenty of other places to buy it besides walmart

You are correct, but WM seems to have the best prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back