Recommend a wax for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is for a daily driver. Vehicle is garaged usually when not at work. I am willing to wax twice a year. I do have some micro scratched that can be seen under the right light. I currently have turtle wax liquid form in the garage. I usually go through the drive through car wash. Want something easily had at Walmart or autozone type store.

Last edited:
I like the collinite paste wax, but most people use the 845 liquid version. If I lived in a warm climate such as yours I might go for the two part duragloss system. For an over the counter product, Maguire's ultimate is fine. It streaked a little for me.

Switch to turtlewax rinseless to avoid scratches at the carwash.

NuFinish will protect for a year so twice a year will be well protected. Nothing lasts or protects as long as NuFinish. Duragloss comes close.

Originally Posted By: Chris B.
NuFinish will protect for a year so twice a year will be well protected. Nothing lasts or protects as long as NuFinish. Duragloss comes close.

Try Zaino.

Zaino? Did you read the post or just the title? Unless something's changed and it's available where the OP wants to buy.

I assume you'd like to finish up the Turtle Wax you already have then move to a new one. Which is great. In terms of durability and ease of use, I am impressed by Armor All's Extreme Shield Wax. You just slather it and wipe off. You can wax your car after you wash in 15 minutes.

It lasts over a year, over various cars I tend to. They are all garaged and the surface is prepped (previous wax is removed with a paint cleaner), which I recommend you do when you move to your new wax.

If it has to come from Walmart, Meguiar's paste. If you can tolerate online orders, get Collinite paste from Amazon with free shipping, cheap (less than 20bucks), reasonably easy to apply, and lasts.
Some Harbor Freight stores carry it, as well as some boatyards (ad Fleetwax), here and there an autoparts store has it.

Zaino is the best stuff I've ever used but you have to mail order it. Can't believe how long it lasts. Easy to use too.

I detail cars on the side.
Collinite 845 can be ordered at advance
Duragloss 105 at Napa or car quest
Meguiars Ultimate at anywhere

I highly recommend the collinite or duragloss

I'm fond of Griots One Step Sealant.

Looking at the description on the bottle, it really appears not to be a sealant, but rather a cleaner/synthetic wax. Easy on and even easier off, and the results are really good for a one step wax. Well worth 18 bucks and a little goes a long way, so the bottle should last a long time.

IMO Meguiars is the gold standard of OTC auto detail products. Having said that I am in love with Turtle Wax Ice Liquid. Super easy going on, and easy going off. I love how slick and smooth and shiny the finish is with it as well. But it wont last the 6 months you are looking for, NuFinish would be my recommendation for longevity that you can get OTC. It wont have the shine other waxes will have though.

problem with longevity is because he's going through drive-through washes.

I'd suggest either doing less washes; Or upgrade to better carwashes at least at a dedicated car wash place, then the wax will last longer.

Ironically, the more you wash (at cheap car washes), the faster your car will get dirty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back