How to wax the car without wash it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like my antique car to touch water, or spray water all over it or buff with the machine, But I do like clean and clay then wax the car, any product that should work for me. thank you

1989 Mustang LX Coupe

I LOVE the 89 Mustangs, but I'm not quite sure it is an antique yet
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
smile.gif

just made it 25 year ^^

Not an antique, and likely not worth much, if ever. Still, I get it.

But I wouldn't sweat it. Wash it. Its better than some questionable process that will possibly scratch and create issues.

If the car doesn't see water, what does it see that makes waxing necessary? If its truly an antique in pristine condition, and kept/maintained that way, then the paint shouldn't see anything questionable to need to be clayed, or waxed necessarily.

If you insist, Id try something like a california duster, after a hard air spray over all the surfaces, and then use something wet like Brilliant shine detailer with a LOT of towels so you don't carry any grit around on any one towel very far...

Wait so you don't want to wash your car because of water. You don't want to spray things on it. And you don't want to buff it?

Uhh I wouldn't wax it at all. Sounds like a good way to not have a clean surface and drag grit across the paint

With a car this old you'd want to make sure to wash it with lots of soap and water to make sure you get it clean before waxing it. Use one of those soap solutions made especially for cars with fuzzy rags and a soft bristle brush to get into all those tight places. Then carefully rinse it with plenty of clean water not used water in the bucket.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

its not worth much, its just little moneys, but I like it and it had an antique tag on it
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
With a car this old you'd want to make sure to wash it with lots of soap and water to make sure you get it clean before waxing it. Use one of those soap solutions made especially for cars with fuzzy rags and a soft bristle brush to get into all those tight places. Then carefully rinse it with plenty of clean water not used water in the bucket.

I will try this, and make sure not to let water get to where it wont dry fast enought, thank you.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Waterless wash - such as Meguiars D115 or HD Touch

do they sell this product locally ?

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
smile.gif

just made it 25 year ^^
yea but still

Originally Posted By: jkhawaii
I like prolong waterless wash

SOLD !!! I like because its locally, and price is good. Thanks you all. I am done here. Have a wonderful day.

Originally Posted By: bvance554
smile.gif

just made it 25 year ^^
yea but still

its old for some, its new for some, its cheap for some, its good for some, its antique for some, its not antique for some, really dont matter, I love it, I enjoy it , it made me smiles when I drive it, and that all its matter to me , because its mine :), have a wonderful day. Happy all.

89 Red Mustang LX coupe ( not hatchback ) 5.0 manual everything is original factory condition , accept tires. working heat/ac work 37k miles mint condition, bought from a collector. Best cheap little fun car I ever driving.

Last edited:

its not worth much, its just little moneys, but I like it and it had an antique tag on it
grin.gif

I get it. I have some of these too. They're your baby, and you want to protect it best. Good luck, I wouldn't go your route, but let us know how it works!!

grin.gif

I get it. I have some of these too. They're your baby, and you want to protect it best. Good luck, I wouldn't go your route, but let us know how it works!!

Do you still have it ? its forsale ? I buy it, I need couple more in my garage, I love these little fun cars. But I sure do
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bvance554
smile.gif

just made it 25 year ^^
yea but still

its old for some, its new for some, its cheap for some, its good for some, its antique for some, its not antique for some, really dont matter, I love it, I enjoy it , it made me smiles when I drive it, and that all its matter to me , because its mine :), have a wonderful day. Happy all.

89 Red Mustang LX coupe ( not hatchback ) 5.0 manual everything is original factory condition , accept tires. working heat/ac work 37k miles mint condition, bought from a collector. Best cheap little fun car I ever driving.
I was just busting chops. It is a very fun car. Enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back