Russia's Economic Disaster - why it matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
At school they teached us the WW2 started when the UK and France declared war on Germany as a result of the german attack on poland.

Originally Posted By: shDK
At school they teached us the WW2 started when the UK and France declared war on Germany as a result of the german attack on poland.

And the whole thing was set into motion because of the rail lines Europe was building to mimic the American system,thus eliminating the need for naval transportation and eliminating the need for Britain.
So truth be told Britain started it,about 25 years before it actually began.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
1) Russia cut gas supplies by 60 percent to Europe yesterday due to Ukrainian transshipment theft. Europe is in panic.
2) By 'our unconstrained economic warfare' I'm referring to the elite, not the pantywaist administration. The financial elite, the Club of Rome, the Bilderberg group, the real movers behind things are out to punish Russia for not playing into their NWO Agenda 21 plan.

1. Natural gas or gasoline? I meant natural gas in my reply above.

2. If the financial elite is in charge, why didn't they move sooner? Why now? They could have declared econimic/financial war on the whole lot (Russia, the entire middle east, Venezuela, etc.). Cheap oil, gasoline and natural gas is good for business. It also results in lower grocery & meat bills. The financial elite knows this. With such power & influence, why would they ever allow it to get as out-of-hand as it has the past six years? It doesn't make sense to me.

Therefore, I don't believe they have that kind of power. Instead I think it's a combination of several factors that came together, positively reinforcing each other that led to a chain-of-events causing the price of oil to drop.

I, among many, welcome it! Merry Christmas!

Originally Posted By: Danno

If you stocked up when I suggested for the Ebola crisis, later for civil unrest following unpopular court decisions, you're most of the way there anyway, just add some iodine to your stock. A dosimeter and SGE 400/3 gas mask with NBC filtration are optional.

Quote:
I have taken care of my family's immediate needs. My geographical location will insulate me from most of the troubles you mention.
Putin will need more hurt applied, before it gets better.

You really can't insulate yourself. If the cricis is such that the U.S. grid goes away for even a month or two the nukes will not all be able to continue to get rid of decay heat it would be impossible to deal with them all. As they melt down radiatiion will rule. You may not want to survive.

And in the interum there will be 90% + people not prepared as well as you. They won't go quietly. Its not enough to be prepared..you have to be able to "defend" and that may be an impossible task.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Please help me understand this situation before I follow your advice. How would a war or some kind of a military attack help the Russians?

(And why do I need iodine?)

I believe he's referring to iodine as a countermeasure to radioactive contamination. As I understand it: radioactive devices, bombs or nuclear reactors gone wild, release radioactive iodine. Your body readily absorbs iodine from the environment. The radioactive iodine ends up in the thyroid glands and gets "stuck" there. This leads to thyroid cancer. Taking "clean" iodine floods your system with non-radioactive iodine so the body doesn't absorb much (radioactive) iodine from the environment.

Radioactive iodine has a short half life (~8 days per wikipedia), so you'd have to keep your body flooded with "clean" iodine until the radioactive iodine dissipated.

In some of the historical incidents where radioactivity was released (I think the Windscale reactor in England) locally produced milk became contaminated with radioactive iodine and large quantities had to be discarded.

Disclaimer, all the above is kind of from my memory.

1) Russia cut gas supplies by 60 percent to Europe yesterday due to Ukrainian transshipment theft. Europe is in panic.

Are you sure? What is the source? Haven't heard of that, wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Y_K
Regardless, Russia started both World Wars.

Really? I have never seen history revised in that particular way. I guess I missed the part where the USSR invaded Poland.

Holy cra@p I was assuming the radiation talk was about fallout from ICBM attack but now I see its a danger from attacks on our power grid which the cyber security chief recently said we cannot stop a grid shutdown form Russia or China if they initiate one. But this is only nuke power plants that will melt down right? Our ICBM's in the silos aren't subject to needing to be in receipt of electricity to remain stable are they?

ICBM's are almost completely self contained. Internally powered if needed.

Agreed on the Russia is a paper Tiger theory. They have no ability to mount any kind of real war against anybody. No supply lines, lousy equipment, morale issues, etc. Their equipment is in woeful condition, they might scare some Ukrainians but not us. Not one bit.

He's not a stupid guy, he will not go nuclear as it means certain extermination of his country. But he will test us. I fear our current crop of leaders are not up to the task...

Actually, they did. The Soviets and the Germans had a pact to split Poland IIRC.

Quote:

The Soviet invasion of Poland was a Soviet military operation that started without a formal declaration of war on 17 September 1939. On that day, sixteen days after Nazi Germany invaded Poland from the west, the Soviet Union did so from the east. The invasion ended on 6 October 1939 with the division and annexing of the whole of the Second Polish Republic by Germany and the Soviet Union.[6]

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Regardless, Russia started both World Wars.

Really? I have never seen history revised in that particular way. I guess I missed the part where the USSR invaded Poland.

Originally Posted By: Nebroch

Are you sure? What is the source? Haven't heard of that, wouldn't make sense.

I might have to walk that statement back. I saw articles about it last night but they got disappeared. Might have been one faulty report that outlets picked up, that then was redacted.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Holy cra@p I was assuming the radiation talk was about fallout from ICBM attack but now I see its a danger from attacks on our power grid which the cyber security chief recently said we cannot stop a grid shutdown form Russia or China if they initiate one. But this is only nuke power plants that will melt down right? Our ICBM's in the silos aren't subject to needing to be in receipt of electricity to remain stable are they?

Don't worry about radioactivity from the silos until after they've been targeted and destroyed.

I wonder sometimes about those survivalists who bought up disused silos and turned them into their survival castles.

There will never be a USA vs Russia war. There have been a bunch of proxy wars (we support, fund, and weaponize one country, while Russia does the same for the opposite country)

Here is why there will never be a war. The United States cannot lose an invasion from Russia and Russia cannot lose an invasion from USA. Russia will arm every single citizen and send them to the front lines. When they run out of AK's, they will arm their citizens with machetes. When they run out of machetes, they will arm their citizens with knives. They will literately fight until every last man, woman, and child is dead.

Conversely, the United States would do the same and fight to the death. If any country invaded the US they would be wiped out in short order by the military, National Guard, police, and 50 million citizens who will use their deer rifles and AR-15's in the largest insurgency that the world has even seen. The insurgency in Iraq and Afghanistan would look like child's play in comparison.

If a simple guy from Florida can see this, surely the military planners from both countries can see it too. There is no positives of invading either country, just a bunch of negatives. For the time being and foreseeable future, we will just have to stare across the oceans at each other and hate each other until both countries put leaders in place that can move us away from the cold war and towards a more peaceful, friendly future.

I might have to walk that statement back. I saw articles about it last night but they got disappeared. Might have been one faulty report that outlets picked up, that then was redacted.

Yes, there was an old article in Daily Mail without dates (from previous Russia-Ukraine gas dispute few years back), and that might have caused misunderstanding.

Anyway, after a huge drop in ruble and central bank's rate hike Russia's economy is about to take a huge hit.

Our unconstrained economic warfare against Russia has produced a dramatic fall in the value of their currency over the past few months, causing it to reach about half of its value in just a matter of weeks.

Why does this matter to you, the non-Russian?

The bear is cornered. A cornered bear does no good to anyone.

Buy food, water, and iodine. Put together a shelter-in-place plan. Get a gas generator and keep it shielded where its electronics won't fuse together during an electromagnetic event. If things get out of hand, those who have put a tiny amount of thought into contingency planning will have a huge advantage over those who wait for FEMA to rescue them.

And if nothing happens, at least you've got food, drink and something to power essential appliances the next time a wind storm knocks out the power for a day or week.

That's quite the frightened little world you live in, isn't it?

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Russia started both world wars?
You sticking with that bovine excrement or do you want to try again.

The n^x Partition of Poland. I believe it was the fourth one and this time around it was secured by Molotov-Ribbentropp Pact. Then we had Baltics. Then was the 'Kiss of Matsuoka', but it would be too complicated for you.
WWI was started by Dumb and Dumber - Willy and Nicky. Even though Willy sent 3 telegrammes to Nicky after the formal declaration imploring to 'stop the insanity', Nicky stuck to his loyalty to an insignificant Balkan kingdom. [“One day the great European War will come out of some [censored] foolish thing in the Balkans" -- (1888). Otto von Bismarck] Nicky's aid brought the last cable from Willy to Nicky, he opened it, glanced it over, put it on his desk without uttering a word and went on to play tennis. Ended in a bloody murder by Bolshevik gangsters in the cellar of his house arrest house with his wife, daughters, son, doctor, chef, teacher, servants and a little dog. That was the beginning of the end of Russian burgeoning and very young culture. Willy ended up losing everything, died in exile after receiving his dose of Hope and Change.
Nowadays the border state of Ukraine is playing the same role of a buffer, which Poland used to play, and it will be partitioned, of course to fit our corporate interests.
And, btw, Poles saved W Europe from the first Islamic assault during the Siege of Wiena (Die Erste Wiener Türkenbelagerung) and this is where 9/11 date came from.

We are very fortunate that another dumb Russian Czar misdirected his resources to Caucasus and had to sell Alaska to USA. Otherwise, we would have to be somewhat less cozy here with their silos located so close to us somewhere in Klondike.

Unconstrained economic warfare? I think it was Russian that was engaging in aggressive actions and various countries put economic sanctions on Russia. And crude oil production has risen greatly in countries like the USA. So the price of crude oil has gone down.

Was the USA supposed to NOT increase its production of crude oil because that might affect Russia's economy?

And if you are going to attack the USA, Saudi Arabia has lowered the cost of its crude oil to try to prevent the USA from being able to economically increase the production of crude oil from oil shale in the USA.

We are very fortunate that another dumb Russian Czar misdirected his resources to Caucasus and had to sell Alaska to USA. Otherwise, we would have to be somewhat less cozy here with their silos located so close to us somewhere in Klondike.

Agreed.

Another positive consequence of having Alaska is we got to hear the magnificent foreign and defense policy analysis that begun "As Putin rears his head .......".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back