Driving More with These Low Gas Prices??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Originally Posted By: grampi
I drive the same amount, just spending less now...

Same here. My cost per mile is just less.

+2 Same.

I would say a tiny bit more now. Previously I would try to car pool as much as possible to avoid having to drive two vehicles somewhere. Like say, going to a family function or somewhere with the girlfriend we would just take one car. Now I have the luxury of driving my own car if I want to go someplace else after or I don't want to get stuck shopping or something. Its negligible though, happens maybe once a month.

Nope. I still live in the same place, so work is still just as far, and family is still just as far away.

Not driving more, but I do fuel up with gasoline containing no ethanol at the Shell station about a mile from ADM where millions of gallons of ethanol are produced each year.

Yes. I'm front-loading all my driving while gas is under $3 a gallon and then will stop once it goes back up
33.gif

Of course not!

I drive the same as always. If you drive less when gas is costly you really should trade that gas guzzler.

When the current President took office the price of gasoline was $1.95. With the current trend we can all hope that his plan to skyrocket energy costs for his political purposes is over.

Originally Posted By: Turk
So, with these MUCH lower gas prices, are you driving more??

Extra trips to the store?
Day trips?
Weekend or week-long trips?

Nope.

Originally Posted By: FowVay
Fuel at $.89/gallon is cheap. Fuel at $2.50 per gallon is not cheap. People have been so brainwashed into believing that fuel is cheap that I can't believe how easy it was to change perceptions. It hasn't been many years since fuel literally jumped $3/gallon overnight.

To answer the question - NO. I drive where I need to go. Fuel prices are up, insurance costs are up, milk, bread, medicine, entertainement, etc... EVERYTHING IS UP! Don't fool yourself.

AMEN!

I remember when I first moved to Detroit I paid 89 cents a gallon for fuel.
Today I nearly jumped for joy paying 92 cents a litre.
So yes perception is an important factor.

89 cents a gallon gas is a pipe dream today. Well maybe not,as long as the saudi's keep pumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back