bought a used 05 grand caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who claims never to have been taken on any purchase is not being entirely honest. This is a polite way of saying that they're lying.
If the vehicle was sold as true mileage unknown, then you have no recourse against the seller.
The only time I've ever seen the authorities take any interest in a used car seller was when a seller couldn't provide titles to the vehicles he sold because they had liens from previous sales that were never cleared. Garden variety fraud in used car sales will not interest the law. It's a part of the business.
You'd also likely spend more on a lawyer should you decide on a civil action than you would just fixing and maintaining the van and driving your money out of it.
These are pretty decent vehicles that can last a long time.
If the van really is pristine in and out, it'd be worth spending a little money on. There's really nothing mechanical that can break that you can't get cheaply form a yard. After all, Chrysler made hundreds of thousands of this vintage and many have gone to yard heaven.
You probably do need to replace the harmonic balancer, but after that, you should drive it for a while and see what you find.
Certainly you should change all of the fluids and filters.
This van may surprise you in that it may run and drive for many trouble free miles.
Good luck with your purchase.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
So you're sure the instrument cluster has been swapped and not the computer?

I thought the ecu carried the mileage,so the cluster is irrelevant since the info comes from the ecu?

As far as an upper cylinder lube goes I use tc-w3 in my fuel at every fill up and have for many years now. I've never had an injector issue,nor any type of fuel delivery issue other than a dead fuel pump b
Look up a forum called ls-1 tech or Google 2 stroke oil in gasoline or something like that.
They've got a 50 page thread of guys using tc-w3 in their vehicles. They feel it's beneficial even if there are some here that don't.
I think it's cheap and if it makes fuel system components potentially last longer,or helps with cleanliness then the pennies per tank I spend are pennies well spent.
1 ounce or so per 5 gallons. It's gotta be tc-w3 because it burns ashless without residue to foul sensors.
I've yet to have a cat failure using the stuff. I've got engines with 200k miles using the stuff and I've yet to have to replace anything.
Pennies per tank.
Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back