Driving More with These Low Gas Prices??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, with these MUCH lower gas prices, are you driving more??

Extra trips to the store?
Day trips?
Weekend or week-long trips?

Nope.

I drive because I have to.

My bike on the other hand gets lots of scenery miles,but the price of gas never factors in to any choices I make regarding going anywhere.

Cheapest diesel I can find is $2.69 a gallon while gasoline is $1.99 a gallon.

Just got back from a ~250 mile road trip the other day, at just under 44 mpg I can't really complain diesel costs a little more.

No, The same way as I don't drive less when the prices are high, I don't think that anyone just drive without nowhere to go. The American graffiti era is over.

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138
No, The same way as I don't drive less when the prices are high, I don't think that anyone just drive without nowhere to go. The American graffiti era is over.

If i have time ill drive without a place to go. grab a buddy or the girlfriend and head out of town for the day. I do that a couple times a month. quite enjoyable actually.

I don't care about driving, I care more about boating. If fuel stays cheap I'll be putting a lot of extra hours on the boat this summer.

Last summer it was in the low $4 range at the gas dock, this year I hope its cheaper!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tomcat27
same amount of driving, but I am definitely driving my thirstier vehicles more

Ya baby. The old pickups which never die and are inexpensive to operate (except for gas) have been getting driven more.

A few months ago, I was sure I'd be buying a new Focus the end of this year. But now with gas approaching half the price of what it was, I might just stick with the 4WD pigs.

Originally Posted By: mount

Ya baby. The old pickups which never die and are inexpensive to operate (except for gas) have been getting driven more.

A few months ago, I was sure I'd be buying a new Focus the end of this year. But now with gas approaching half the price of what it was, I might just stick with the 4WD pigs.

If you're thinking about the new Focus for fuel efficient you should start looking for it the new few months. Low gas price will not lasted forever and when it goes back higher those gas miser cars will be in high demand again and price will be higher accordingly.

Nope. All three of mine are good on gas. I drive when I want or need to...

And my new car will be small too....

Fuel at $.89/gallon is cheap. Fuel at $2.50 per gallon is not cheap. People have been so brainwashed into believing that fuel is cheap that I can't believe how easy it was to change perceptions. It hasn't been many years since fuel literally jumped $3/gallon overnight.

To answer the question - NO. I drive where I need to go. Fuel prices are up, insurance costs are up, milk, bread, medicine, entertainement, etc... EVERYTHING IS UP! Don't fool yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back