01 Nisan Sentra, 6000 Mi., Supertech 5W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

SR20DE engine. 136K miles. Obviously high Fe, Cr., Si. The report says Subaru Oil. I thought thats what was in it but it must be the Supertech Full Syn. Those are the only oils I use. I very recently changed the air filter. I just checked it and the rest of the intake for leaks. Everything is fine.

I'll change oil tomorrrow and send in another sample in 6000 miles. Prudence would dictate running a shorter cycle but I am not prudent with this vehicle any more. The good thing is that there is no K or antifreeze showing.Maybe replacing the air filter will correct the problem.
1_oilreports.aspx-page-001_2_.jpg

Last edited:
Considering you had iron and lead spike before it could be a simple particle streak or two that it didn't handle super well. If the readings were higher I'd be concerned. But back at 96k on this engine in 2007 you had a somewhat similar bad iron result. (edit: a notable tic in iron/lead sorry nothing serious)

Which oil filter was this?

Yes, perhaps your air filter is leaking or simply let pass a particle post-filter and caused some streaking in a cylinder?

Clean up your air filtration area and inspect the intake, too. If you do open things up maybe posts pics of your air filter if it looks shabby. I took some pictures before when I swapped from K&N *yuck* to an aFe Pro Dry S. I was so pleased. Which air filter brand is in there now, etc?

Re-sampling after another 6k to see Si numbers is a good COA.

PS: Is sodium generally around 20 ppm in Supertech?

Last edited:
Air filter just changed, I'll check what oil filter when I change tomorrow. Air intake area very clean. Checked connections between filter and intake.

I don't remember what oil I used last. The older Supertech used sodium as an AW agent. Maybe its left over from that.

In any event there will be a Subaru oil filter going in there tomorrow and the 5W-30 Subaru Synthetic oil.

That's alot of wear for a Nissan engine. I'd try a different oil if it were my car. If it's a similar engine to the late 90's Altima,I'd use either Pennzoil or Valvoline mineral 10W30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back