Help me pick a good "date car" to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
CTS-V...
It says yeah I have 4 doors so kids are ok, I have a bit of sophistication as I am a Cadillac and I like to destroy just about every other car that I run up on.
smile.gif

In all seriousness(and I do love a V) I picked up my current wife in an 89 GMC 1 ton, brown and cooper (code named Big Poo) 11 years ago. Car shouldn't matter.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Originally Posted By: Bamaro
600VanInterior.jpg

It took forever for someone to suggest this one. With the somewhat humorous nature of the thread, it was the first thing that popped into my head.

I'd go for the burgundy version with the mystical dragon airbrushed on both sides.

It lacks the bubble window, which, in my useless opinion is a must.
5567476814_ebcff70fc3.jpg

This one says it with love.

Originally Posted By: brave sir robin
Ex gf used to constantly point out cars she wanted me to buy. Started with G37 coupes and she genuinely got upset when I nixed the idea of buying a Kia Forte coupe. She would hunker down low in the seat of the Electra when I was able to convince her to get in it. She would ask me to park out of sight when picking her up from places.
Ex gf: "you are an attractive man with a good job, you should be driving a new car"
ex gf: "I dont want anyone seeing me in this boat"
What a hideous car.

I note she is your EX-girlfriend...good call! That's a beautiful Electra (though I don't like the tinted windows).

it gets brutally hot in Sacramento during the summer ha! The windows arent as dark as the picture suggests.

I have had some women actually like my car a lot but as far as making a good first impression ....mmmm you would be a lot safer with something a lot newer.

FWIW, many years ago I was engaged to a very attractive red head. Had a 1993 Z-28 and she HATED that car. She couldn't get in and out of it gracefully while wearing a dress. So we wound up going every where with my '95 Dodge Ram 1500.

Last edited:
Lone Ranger..

Spoken like a true beta male, a car dealer, or a woman.

Why should I invest in something that has a 50% chance of failure, financially devastates men the vast majority of the time, and is enforced by a slanted legal system that overwhelmingly favors women? It makes about as much sense as trying to keep a Yugo on the road for a million miles.

Driving that paid off 06 KIA enables me to live large, travel the world six weeks per year, and date women over a decade younger with no kids.

All 100% debt free.

Last edited:
Spoken like someone who loves things and uses people, trying to down those of us who love people and use things. Sorry about your childhood...

You're going to need a whole lot more than an '06 Kia and sky miles to attract the Anna Nicole Smith's of the world when you're older and wrinklier, so you better start investing wisely.

Originally Posted By: LFN
Lone Ranger..

Spoken like a true beta male, a car dealer, or a woman.

Why should I invest in something that has a 50% chance of failure, financially devastates men the vast majority of the time, and is enforced by a slanted legal system that overwhelmingly favors women? It makes about as much sense as trying to keep a Yugo on the road for a million miles.

Driving that paid off 06 KIA enables me to live large, travel the world six weeks per year, and date women over a decade younger with no kids.

All 100% debt free.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
You guys are sending mixed messages.
36.gif

Going to drive a new Chrysler 200 and see how it feels. Love the 300 but can't escape that notion of an outdated platform. The newly styled 200 for 2015 is a looker and with the 292 hp Pentastar and 9-speed trans plus AWD it might be pretty fun to drive (and even embarrass some pricier competitors?). That combo might be able to squeeze into my price range with a tight deal.

I rent the 200 regularly. I'd strongly suggest against it. I don't find them to be good quality cars. Nor does purchasing a typical "rental" car give the impression you want to give. While the 300 is older tech, that does not make it bad. I much prefer the 300.

How about an Audi A5, used? Around here, they can be found for a very reasonable price and they really are nice cars. The standard A5 has the typical 2.0 turbo engine Audi has been using for many years. It's as robust, efficient and refined as they come. Enough HP and torque to be pleasant to drive, without being a "sports car". A "REALLY NICE" one can be in the very low 20's. Less for one that needs some TLC.

lead6audia5review2010.jpg

Last edited:
Buy a Truck. Females love guys in trucks. PERIOD! At least thats what my wife and grown daughters just told me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back