Purolator Filters for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is so far *NO* place local that sells anything other than Fram/Wix filters. I'd really like to grab some Purolators for my 84 CRX, but I cant find them! Where can I get these filters!?

Do they even exist?
pat.gif

No Pep Boys that I know of
smile.gif

I'd really like it best even if I could make a bulk order online, I really wish Purolator would let me order 6-8 of them from thier website!

It is an issue of quality, Fram is possibly the worst, and everyone seems to concur that Purolator is the best possible oil filter for quality and filtration. I know WIX is for sure better than Fram, but I'd like something better yet.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilterstudy.html

Things as such have built my wanting for a good quality filter.

Put the best in, get the best out of it.

Well I would rate Wix at least as good as Purolator and if you have a Ford, better because of the bypass valve positon. Wix is generally reputed to be one of the best apart from boutique filters.

Because of the bypass location, I passed up many opportunities to get Purolator filters for 99 cents each and bought Wix at $6 each instead. Now the Purolator Premium Plus may be better than a Wix on filtration, I don't know, but they will cost more.

Can you find Maxlife filters? They are made by Purolator. Also Motorcraft filters are Purolator made. You may be able to get a Motorcraft cross reference.

I drive an 84 Honda CRX with a Carb'd 1.5L SOHC EW1 engine.

I will take a look around for those and see what I find, Price really isnt to much of an object with oil and a filter, if it costs more, but it works better, its worth it.

Purolators do not appear to be available outside of the chain stores. I've found no type of internet or wholesale distribution for them.

For a lot less money you can get Wix from fleetfilter.

If you want a very fine filter, for about $2 more then a PureOne, get a Mobil 1 filter from Adavance Auto this month. They're on sale for $7.99.

I get mine at advance auto parts. PureONE this month is $4.88 @ AAP

If you want them online - amazon.com carries them

From the Purolator site:

Our products are available at these fine stores.

U.S.A. Locations

Advance Auto Parts, Arch Auto, Bi-Mart Corporation, BLT, Bomgaars, Coast Auto Supply, D & D Auto, Discount Auto Parts, GI Joe's, Fred Meyer, JDL Prostock, Mills Fleet Farm, Pep Boys, Performance Warehouse, RiteWay Auto, Sears, Strauss Discount Auto, VIP Discount Auto, Weaver Sales

Maybe you have one of these nearby?

I get Havoline badged filters (Premuim Plus) at Fred's (in the South) for $2
grin.gif

do a search for carparts.com and this website has them, if you willing to order $75 worth shipping is free. beware though, if this place screws up your order their customer service is pis* poor

Peb Boys, Advance Auto, and Fleet Farm in my area. Sadly there are only a couple of each in the state.

Not to sound like a shameless plug, but I just ordered 18 Napa Gold (Wix) filters from Fleetfilter.com and they only averaged about $3.80 with shipping. A great deal for a really high quality filter IMO, and delivered to my door in about 4 days. The local Napa was charging me $5.79 for each and I had to go get em, plus I felt good about supporting a BITOG sponsor. The Internet is a beautiful thing sometimes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back