Team Valvoline Pro V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on a few teams that used their Nitro 70. It didn't do as well as the Redline Nitro 70 motor oil. Of course the Valvoline is significantly cheaper.

Last edited:
yes but those of us in the know (like you 02se) should realize that the price of the oil is NOT a huge factor in the budget anyway. even if it was $50 a quart. nitro is running what $65 a gallon and you burn how many gallons a run? which is also zip compared to other stuff like hard parts. 16 spark plugs a run get eaten up. 1 blower bang is how much? now thats some ouch. oil and fuel and even plugs are spendy for normal folks but not a TF team.

You are definitely correct. How the oil performs is by far the most important factor. The cost of the oil is secondary at best.

Retail on Redline Nitro 70 was approx. $50.00 per gallon, the last time I checked. Of course what Teams pay will vary, depending on whether they are fully sponsored, or if they are actually buying the oil.

Most TF Teams will use approx. 4 gallons of motor oil per run.

I just checked, apparently retail is now approx. $60.00 per gallon

Last edited:
$60/gal for oil is only $15/qt.
i can name several motorcycle oils (maxima/motul/redline) that are that price!
granted you are using $240 worth a run and the only real reason you dump it is the amount of fuel dilution.

Originally Posted By: sunruh
$60/gal for oil is only $15/qt.
i can name several motorcycle oils (maxima/motul/redline) that are that price!

Millers, JGD, and Torco's top end oils are a good deal more than that per quart as well.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back