Post your latest beer consumption

Bought some Shiner's Bock and was a bit disappointed. I didn't 'not like it,' it just didn't wow me where I would buy it again.

Having Sam Adams Double Bock within walking distance of my house sets up an almost impossible standard.

Went for a couple of local ones lately
smile.gif

#1 Mill St. Brewery (Toronto) - Tankhouse Ale

6818136301_df8fce2146.jpg

Very nice flavour, almost zero aftertaste. Flavour is somewhat strong with a bit of a bite, but not overwhelming. You can sit down and sip one or two and it is pleasant. Overall I like it.

#2 The Publican House (Peterborough) - Square Nail Pale Ale

img_5819.jpg

Strong flavour. Decent hint of citrus, pleasant citrus aftertaste.

A lot recently, but today Willoughby Brewing's Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter. Simply amazing!

Last week had some 3 Floyds Zombie Dust after months of searching. Had a few glasses, was really good!

Also bought two 22oz Bombers today... Southern Tier Creme Brûlée Stout and Choklat.

If anyone uses the app Untapped, my s/n is Invertalon on there!

Last edited:
Another adventure today: Mill St. Organic Lager

millstorganic.jpg

This is a perfect cottage beer to sip on the deck while relaxing over the weekend. Light, mild flavour, almost zero aftertaste, something wonderful to sip on after you've touched up the paint on the dock or changed the oil in the I/O.

Had a bomber of Southern Tier Choklat last night... Was really delicious! Per the name, very chocolaty, especially once it warmed up. The smell reminded me of the chocolate tour at Hershey, PA and the taste (when warmer) was almost tootsie-rollish. Very nice dessert beer!

Just tried Blackout Stout last night... A friend kept speaking highly of it.

Overall, I liked it. Not sure if I would go out of my way to have another, but it was good. I liked the bright, lemony finish. Cuts the heaviness of it. I have never had a Great Lakes beer that blew me away though.

I also had quite a few others last night (samplers), but one was really bad... Green Flash Brewery's Green Bullet Triple IPA (10% ABV or so). I hated it. Had an onion taste that I just did not care for at all. Was freshly tapped, too... Must be their hop selection, as I know some can give off onion flavors. So glad it was just a sample of it, a full glass I would have probably dumped.

Tonight I am cracking open my Willoughby Brewing's Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter crowler.... Can't wait! It is one of my favorites.

xBa380.

That Willoughby Brewing Co. does put out some good stuff, Great Lakes on the West Side as well. However, recently I've been downing Steel Reserve 211 and Lazer malt liquor - due to holiday parties. Do not drink a lot at one time, but for some reason a malt liquor now and then is good.

Yeah, I was impressed with their Willoughby's offerings when we have gone to the brewery (twice now). Always a solid lineup and I have enjoyed them all.

As I mentioned prior, Great Lakes is just OK. I have not had bad beer from them, but nothing extraordinary either.

My favorite go-to brewery in the Cleveland area is Fat Heads. I live about 15mins from their tap house by the airport and I just love it. Always some really amazing stuff on tap, great atmosphere, good crowd... Market Garden in Ohio City is fantastic as well.

I am looking forward to this spring/summer, when we blend in some brewery stops along our road trips to Chicago and Michigan. We did this last year with the Hershey, PA area stopping at Troeg's and Victory, which were amazing! This year, it will be Three Floyds, Revolution, Bell's and Founders (at least those four). Plus of course more in the Ohio area... Looking forward to them!

Now back on topic...

Yesterday I enjoyed my Peanut Butter Cup Coffee Porter as expected with a buddy, as well as having Revolution's Anti-Hero IPA. I was extremely impressed with the IPA (first time having), reminded me quite a bit of Three Floyds Zombie Dust. It is an APA, so while it has the hoppiness it has a clean finish and is quite easy to drink. Great citrus in there as well, which I love in my IPA/APA's. Just a very tasty beer. Quite nice looking in the glass, too.

While I have drank IPA's for quite a few years, they were my least favorite style for a long time. Recently though, I have had so many GOOD ones that they are really becoming a favorite of mine. Zombie Dust and Yum Yum (Three Floyds), Head Hunter (Fat Heads), Mystic Mama (Jackie O's), Anti-Hero (Revolution)... Among others.

xBa380

I forgot about Fat Heads. My GF likes the Bumble Berry and I'm partial to the Head Trip ale. You are right, that is a nice place. I'll be heading over to the Winking Lizard on Miles Ave on Friday. They have a pretty good selection of brew's. A couple friends just attended the Lizard's "Beer Tour" party the other night.

Nuff said,

xtell

That is where I had the blackout stout the other night (Winking Lizard at Miles). Nice place! I like how you can buy any of the bottles they have as singles, versus buying 4 and 6 packs.

Just lucked out and was able to snag a six pack of it here in Cleveland at Market District...

IMG_1996_zpsfr5ukdap.jpg

Also, my brother/dad went to the release party at Great Lakes and I have a few bottles of the barrel aged Blackout Stout.

BOS_zpsw8fqhdak.jpg

Last edited:
Back