what do you guys think of these Ridgid tool boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends what you would be putting in it. A few larger items like drill motors, saws, screw guns, electrical tools/meters might work out well. Lots of smaller items like socket sets, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers wouldn't work out as well. You also need to consider the extra weight and size of the storage container, especially if you regularly lift them into and out of your vehicle.

Last edited:
After going thru all kinds of tool boxes for portable use, I now use the heavy duty zippered bags (Husky from home depot) for all my portable power tools (get a bigger bag than you think you need, you'll fill them fast with accessories, batteries, chargers, bits, etc). For my hand tools I have several of the husky open top rigid framed tool bags and a five gallon pail liner. Naturally longer items go in the pail. Very cheap, sturdy, and convenient way to transport tools.

I decided to get myself a little Christmas present today. I stopped at HD and picked up the organizer case. (the smallest piece of this set). I figured it would work great to store my Ridgid drill and impact driver.

These boxes are made of some seriously tough plastic. Fits my drill and impact set perfectly, including the charger and all my accessories. There's even room for an extra battery or two. I like that it has a rubber seal around the lid to keep water out.

Only thing I could find to complain about is the dividers are a little on the flimsy side, and they just kind of sit in there with nothing to really lock them in place.

Would be nice if it was made in the USA, but it's made in Israel. Better than China I guess.

I'd say it's definitely well worth the 30 bucks, and I just might go ahead and get the rest of the set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back