Determining CoO

Status
Not open for further replies.
My old Saturn S series I already knew was made here, but all these newer cars and trucks don't tell you. It used to be on the driver's door but now I cannot seem to find it anywhere on the car.

The automobiles I'm interested inknowing where they are made is a 07 Chevy cobalt, 03 toyota Avalon, and an 03 2500 silverado.

By the way, I like products assembled in the USA with foreign and domestic parts as good as 100% American because that kind of saves some of our precious resources.

The Avalon is US made. It was intended as a hedge in case a big import tax was imposed on imported high end cars. The thought was, they say, that it could have been rebadged as a Lexus if necessary to avoid the tax. Back around 2006 or so they built a "Touring" version with different dampers, rims, tires, and sway bars which was very pleasant to drive.

Assembly does not mean much. Where are the components made in? Today you can have a 'domestic' vehicle with an 'import' vehicle having the same component made in the same factory -say- in country C or country M. Nothing inherently bad but a fact of life these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back