Techron vs Redline SI-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: widman
I am formulating a cleaner base on Chevron Technology. I have the drums of the super concentrate made by Oronite, and various formulas for this concentration provided by them.
-- One for adding to gas station tanks for continued use.
-- One for low cleanup
-- One for medium cleanup (what they told me to prepare for a "high quality" to match normal fuel system cleaners)
-- One for high cleanup
-- One MAXIMUM

I don't know what the Techron formulation actually is. After some serious testing, I'm rolling out the "high cleanup" formula to blow away the competition next week. Mercedes (after testing) has already told me they want to provide several bottles in every new car sold along with the recommendation to use regularly.

(PEA of the concentrated drum is 70 to 80%)

Here is my final offering to the Bolivian public. Does an incredible job.

Combustion_Power_American-Widman-International.jpg

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: Oilport
DAVEXXXX really sounds line your a puppet for ZleasMax.....Do you have stock,shares in the ZleasMaX??,company cheerleader for points???
crazy.gif

Thus his nickname of Zarch in the Is Zmax worth.... thread.

Zarch, shorthand for Zmax arch-supporter.

You both need to grow up.

Last edited:
Honestly, whichever is cheaper or available. I'd even like to try Lubegard's newer bottled stuff called Fuel System Booster, #77012.

I most recently used Royal Purple's newer product as it also contains PEA and was on sale for $10 at O'reilly compared to the shelf price there of Red Line SI-1 which I also get locally through them. Pretty much you can't go wrong with most any PEA cleaner, though some may be more effective it's hard to say objectively in a case-by-case basis. That's why pointing to availability and/or pricing is probably your best bet; just keep a log of the top-tier ones. If your heart falls in love that's your problem.

Anecdata is verging on worthless, but you can have some anyway.

I've used redline and techron in my scirocco, neither produce a measurable increase in mpg, and having a wet manifold keeps my valves clean so these products only really have any effect in my combustion chamber and piston tops, however;

The butt dyno always feels the difference with redline, and the exhaust note sounds slightly more crisp. No perceivable difference in any way with techron.

Maybe e redline cleaned so well that there is nothing left for the techron to do? Could explain why no difference is seen with techron. Does redline have an octane improver or combustion enhancer or something? Might explain why it goes better and sounds better when I dose the tank.

Originally Posted By: Olas

The butt dyno always feels the difference with redline, and the exhaust note sounds slightly more crisp. No perceivable difference in any way with techron.

Maybe e redline cleaned so well that there is nothing left for the techron to do? Could explain why no difference is seen with techron.

For whatever reason, my butt dyno actually does feel the difference when using Redline SI-1 or Amsoil PI. On ANY of my vehicles! Not with Techron though...

On the other point, yes, when there's nothing much left to clean, you would not notice a difference. THUS, it could be why some say it's snake oil or a waste to use...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Turk
For whatever reason, my butt dyno actually does feel the difference when using Redline SI-1 or Amsoil PI. On ANY of my vehicles! Not with Techron though...

On the other point, yes, when there's nothing much left to clean, you would not notice a difference. THUS, it could be why some say it's snake oil or a waste to use...
wink.gif

I bought a case Redline SI-1 long time ago, I used 1 bottle every other year 1 month before smog test in every car. The last Redline bottle was used about 10-12 years ago.

The reason I bought a case of Redline SI-1 online was one year the LS400 passed smog test with very small margin, I did some research and someone recommended Redline SI-1. The next smog test on the LS400 with SI-1 in the tank a month before the test, the result was it passed the test with 90-95% margin.

I keep using fuel system cleaner before smog test, mostly Chevron the last 10 years or so.

The cost of a bottle Techron is less than $10 but the smog test is north of $30 and time consuming, I also believe that using 1 bottle every other year is more or less maintenance dose. I don't expect and didn't feel any improvement during and after using it.

Originally Posted By: Turk
Originally Posted By: Olas

Maybe e redline cleaned so well that there is nothing left for the techron to do? Could explain why no difference is seen with techron.

wink.gif

Funny, I cam feel the si-1 with my butt dyno too...

Can't go wrong with Techron. One of the very few additives that actually does what it states.

Originally Posted By: mclasser
Can't go wrong with Techron. One of the very few additives that actually does what it states.

I strongly agree. Techron Concentrate Plus (NOT the Fuel Injector Cleaner) is great stuff.

I am formulating a cleaner base on Chevron Technology. I have the drums of the super concentrate made by Oronite, and various formulas for this concentration provided by them.
-- One for adding to gas station tanks for continued use.
-- One for low cleanup
-- One for medium cleanup (what they told me to prepare for a "high quality" to match normal fuel system cleaners)
-- One for high cleanup
-- One MAXIMUM

I don't know what the Techron formulation actually is. After some serious testing, I'm rolling out the "high cleanup" formula to blow away the competition next week. Mercedes (after testing) has already told me they want to provide several bottles in every new car sold along with the recommendation to use regularly.

(PEA of the concentrated drum is 70 to 80%)

Here is my final offering to the Bolivian public. Does an incredible job.

Combustion_Power_American-Widman-International.jpg

Is this available on eBay? Of it works the way you claim I wanna try some!

Nope, only here in Bolivia for now. You can take the Techron and increase the treat rate. They wouldn't say exactly what they mix, but I got the idea it was between medium and high. Since our gas is less than lousy, I preferred to go on the high side.

I'd be happy to, but FedEx would probably not accept it.

I just notice where you are located. Freight between here and the UK is steep. I get my Mini parts shipped from the UK to the US, then re-ship to Bolivia.

Redline si-1 used to be the fuel system cleaner for BMW and even had its own part number so I have used it from time to time. Its got UCL too which gives me confidence its the real deal. Techron isnt bad but I dont think it out does Si-1 IMO.

Originally Posted By: Marco620
Redline si-1 used to be the fuel system cleaner for BMW and even had its own part number so I have used it from time to time. Its got UCL too which gives me confidence its the real deal. Techron isnt bad but I dont think it out does Si-1 IMO.

I don't think it was ever officially sold by BMW dealers. I do remember seeing bottles of Red Line SI-2. It was a single-dose bottle (diluted with a solvent) that was supposed to be equivalent to a maintenance dose of SI-1.

41qx8r0s5%2BL._SY355_.jpg

What I recall was that Red Line claimed it was equivalent to a BMW part number. They also claimed it was submitted to BMW for testing. Here's an old thread about it:

Quote:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=274108

The SI-1 has not been submitted specifically to BMW for approval,
though it would be suitable for use. The SI-2 is a less concentrated
version available in 4 ounce bottles and is recognized by BMW as
being equivalent to BMW Part # 88 88 6 900 307.

Red Line isn't the only company that submitted products to BMW and got authorization to say they were equivalent to this part number. This includes Bardahl, BG, Wynn's, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back