Made in the U.S.A. Car audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I want a Kenwood head unit and realize it won't come from here, but what about a subwoofer?

I can barely make it outputting looks like the L7 Solobaric is made in China. This is sad if true because I really wanted to support this local shop.

I may have to order an IDQ Image Dynamics and find a good installer since I think they would be offended if I brought ALL my own stuff for install.

I hope you have better luck with kenwood than I had i used to love keblood I bought two at separate times and both went out right after the warranty was up. More reresearch I did I found out jvc and Kenwood are the same company now. I've had nothing but bad luck with jvc to. I used to love and have great things to say about Kenwood but not any more unfortunately.

Many (not all) JL Audio products are made in the USA. There are also some smaller "indie" brands like Stereo Integrity out there.

Last edited:
Most all are now overseas. That's why a lot still like the old school amps, etc. I think JL W3 (on up) subs are still made in USA. Zed, Digital Designs, Sundown, FI, DC have some that are "assembled in USA". There are some very spendy ones still in Germany.

I used to have all the soundstream amps and speakers that were made in the US. Very good quality.

This was 15 years ago, maybe longer.

Someone stole the truck, so I lost the equipment in that theft.

Originally Posted By: WANG
There are also some smaller "indie" brands like Stereo Integrity out there.

SI has their entry level stuff assembled in China. The high end stuff gets assembled by Nick here in the States.

And GM and Ford make practically all their parts in mexico
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: flacoman
All JL drivers are assembled in the USA. The electronics is overseas

No. Only some of their high-end one are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back