Broke another MT-82

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

There are people that make "built" ones, but if I go through the trouble of doing a "built" one I will just order a bolt in Tremec that is stronger out of the box than this thing ever will be.

Is there any chance your dealership will work with you on that? When the exhaust system on my BMW K100RS cracked due to a poor design, the dealer offered to install an aftermarket system under warranty. We only had to pay the difference in cost between the aftermarket system and their cost on the stock part. Dunno if it was legit, but there were quite a few of us who took that option. Ford's system may be too locked down to allow that, but it may be worth asking.

Ed

We looked into it at work, and decided to not push our luck really. I have a 7year 125K ESP Premium setup from Ford. As far as I care, Ford can keep throwing new transmissions in my car that whole time. One less fluid to change, just put a new assembly in every year.

Once that is all up, I will no doubt put a Tremec in so I can be done with it all.

I have always had great luck with Fords, I am on my 4th one now. But the only thing that has been Chinese in any of mine has been Gen Tso's from the little takeout joint up the road.

This incident solidifies my belief that I should only buy used cars from now on because I can research know defects before buying. Manufacturers change suppliers so often now that buying a new car would drive me nuts.

Our transmission tech drove it, and of course he didn't find anything wrong. My service driver drove it and when he shifted from 1st to 2nd in the middle of an intersection it locked him out of any gear. He freaked out and slammed it into 2nd heard grinding.

My General Manager was going to drive it, totally trust him, and he told me he read everything I wrote and was impressed at my tone and how I explained the problem and gave a real solution to the issue. A lot of the managers like me because I tend to give them real answers instead of what we think they want to hear.

Going to most likely order it tomorrow, ships from Manteca, CA so 2 business days out.

FWIW my Nissan Versa loaner car is a letdown.

Huh???

Just received authorisation to order a complete unit. Shipping from Ford's Parts Distribution Centre in Manteca, CA, will be here Friday morning.

Now I am trying to get Enterprise to take back this Versa they stuck me with. The CVT thing is scaring me more than my own car.

This will be around $7,000 in warranty repairs on my car related to just the gearbox. They have now officially lost money on my car. As a shareholder in Ford Motor Company I am livid that a company I have invested in is making such poor decisions.

I know that there are all kinds of liability/legal issues, etc., BUT one would think that they, themselves (Ford) would be getting a little frustrated/fed up at this point with replacing your gearbox every 6 months, and realize that just dropping a TR6060 in it for you would actually SAVE them much coin, in your case, in the long run.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
I know that there are all kinds of liability/legal issues, etc., BUT one would think that they, themselves (Ford) would be getting a little frustrated/fed up at this point with replacing your gearbox every 6 months, and realize that just dropping a TR6060 in it for you would actually SAVE them much coin, in your case, in the long run.
wink.gif

Makes sense, doesn't it? But since the warranty is never extended they are just trying to get out from under it. They'll throw parts at it until it's out of coverage.

IMO the original warranty should start over on the trans from the date of replacement...

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
I known for a few years now that Ford is blowing off major issues with many models and of course it is the customer that is suffering. They should be ashamed, but unfortunately the greed factor has completely clouded their vision. Their quality has
plummeted in recent years and all they want to do is squeeze the last dime of profit out of the unsuspecting consumer.

Isn't it common for nearly all the car companies to stonewall on issues like this????

-Honda Variable Cylinder Management Class Action: http://www.hondaproblems.com/trends/excessive-oil-consumption/
"The original lawsuit claims Honda hid the problem from consumers. Honda denied the allegation, despite issuing a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB #11-033) in July of 2011 that quietly acknowledged the problem"

-The on-going Subaru oil consumption class action(s): http://www.torquenews.com/1084/2nd-new-oil-consumption-lawsuit-suddenly-filed-against-subaru
"This second lawsuit also claims Subaru of America has not disclosed an oil-consumption problem in “some vehicles and has refused to cover repair bills caused by an alleged engine defect.”

-And Toyota....they didn't exactly roll over and expose their soft underbelly during the unintended acceleration debacle and now they have another class action: http://newyork.legalexaminer.com/automobile-accidents/toyota-hit-with-another-class-action-lawsuit/
"The company has allegedly been aware of the issue since 2008, but has done little to warn consumers. Plaintiffs believe the vehicles should have been recalled to fix the defect or that at the very least, that the company should have offered to repair it for free, or to reimburse customers who had to repair it themselves."

GM......

Hyundai/Kia.........I don't need to go on, do I?

VERY SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE GOING THROUGH THIS MESS BDCARDINAL.

GM.....the new class action lawsuit on the Cruze sickening coolant odor/loss and the grenading Corvette engines.....

Every maker has their issues but that would pyss me off on a top-of-the line model

Just received authorisation to order a complete unit. Shipping from Ford's Parts Distribution Centre in Manteca, CA, will be here Friday morning.

Now I am trying to get Enterprise to take back this Versa they stuck me with. The CVT thing is scaring me more than my own car.

Nissan CVTs tend to be just as unreliable as your MT82 ... maybe marginally better, but still extremely unreliable.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: dailydriver
wink.gif

Makes sense, doesn't it? But since the warranty is never extended they are just trying to get out from under it. They'll throw parts at it until it's out of coverage.

IMO the original warranty should start over on the trans from the date of replacement...

The only problem with that is that when you originally purchased the car, you and the manufacturer came to an agreement that they would repair any defects in the car up to a certain point in time, or when you hit a certain mileage. No where in the documentation does it state that the warranty is for a specific number of miles on every part of the car.

You don't get a 36k mile warranty on every transmission they install in the car.

If that was the case, then anyone who owns a Mazda RX-8 would be receiving new engine replacements until the end of time. (80k mile warranty on engine)

BC.

Sorry to hear about more problems with your transmission. I also have a 2014 Mustang GT but I got mine with the automatic and one of the reasons was because of how many problems people on the Mustang forums were having with the manual transmission.

My car has not been without problems though. Currently I have some type of loud roaring noise that the dealer says is tire noise but I'm not sure it's not the rear end. I also experienced some engine tapping noise at start up for the very first time yesterday.

I have also had the radio screen replaced, driver's side door panel replaced, and some paint bubbling repaired on the inner trunk lid. I have paint bubbling on the underside of the front hood but Ford won't fix it.

I'm a life long GM fan and this is my first new Ford and only the second Ford I have owned. I have been less than pleased on how Ford deals with warranty issues so it might be my last one.

To bdcardinal, I hope this third tranny is the charm and you have no further issues with it.

Wayne

I hope this is the last time this trans is out for a long, long time.

They were moving it to a safer parking spot today and my writer and service manager both heard the engine tapping noise I have complained about since day 1. They said once the trans issue is sorted, they will get the ball rolling for an engine. I am debating putting the BOSS302R oil pan in when the motor it out.

I really do like the car, I just get so disappointed every time I make a car payment and something is wrong.

I will be interested to hear what they find out on the engine tapping noises. A few people have had engines replaced because of it and I want to think it was because of a bearing issue but I'm not sure.

I hope mine doesn't start this on a regular basis because I hate engine noises. It was 39 degrees out yesterday and mine had sat for over a month without being started so I hope it was because of that.

Anyway, good luck on this next replacement.

Wayne

I've been lucky enough to never get a new car that required repairs like this, but if I did I would drive it like I stole it and dump it right before the warranty was up.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

The only problem with that is that when you originally purchased the car, you and the manufacturer came to an agreement that they would repair any defects in the car up to a certain point in time, or when you hit a certain mileage. No where in the documentation does it state that the warranty is for a specific number of miles on every part of the car.

You don't get a 36k mile warranty on every transmission they install in the car.

If that was the case, then anyone who owns a Mazda RX-8 would be receiving new engine replacements until the end of time. (80k mile warranty on engine)

BC.

I certainly appreciate your clarification, but I think that you are stating the ridiculously obvious here.

I was just expressing opinion, not implying anything, hence the "IMO"...

So my gearbox is lost on a Schneider Logistics truck somewhere between Manteca, Rancho Cucamunga, and Santa Barbara. Also it could be anywhere on the 5, 210, 134 or 101 freeways.

I broke protocol in my department and got our casting couch out to go cry.

There was a late delivery to the Rancho Cucamunga PDC from the Manteca, CA PDC to transfer the shipment. Of course that truck had my gearbox as well as a fuel line bundle for a wholesale account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back