Moroso filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

LP

First time poster, long time "researcher" on this list. I did a search on Moroso and came up with 23 hits but, it didnt answer my question.

Who makes Moroso's oil Filters?

I can purchase 7 Moroso 22461's from a local racer for cheap but, I dont want to use them is they are junk.

Thanks !

I cannot tell you who makes it ..but here's what Wix offers in the same spec. It appears to be a Chevy filter ..a very big Chevy filter.

Part Number: 51794R
UPC Number: 765809129061
Principal Application: Racing Applications Only
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 7.820
Outer Diameter Top: 3.600
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 13/16-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None
Max Flow Rate: 28 GPM

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
Attached 3.444 3.100 0.260
Attached 1 3.444 3.100 0.260

Can we assume that this is a true racing situation ..or even a "Sunday driver" of truly high performance capability? That is, something that's torn down every few years anyway??? That's about 2x - 3x the flow capability of the common filter. I'd suspect a very low level of filtration.

Here's the 2 quart Chevy in the normal configuration

Part Number: 51794
UPC Number: 765809517943
Principal Application: Chevrolet and GMC Trucks (73-93)
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 7.822
Outer Diameter Top: 3.674
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 13/16-16
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: None
Burst Pressure-PSI: 270
Max Flow Rate: 9-11 GPM
Nominal Micro Rating: 24

Gasket Diameters
Number O.D. I.D. Thk.
15267 3.444 3.100 0.260

[ September 07, 2006, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Can we assume that this is a true racing situation ..or even a "Sunday driver" of truly high performance capability? That is, something that's torn down every few years anyway??? That's about 2x - 3x the flow capability of the common filter. I'd suspect a very low level of filtration.

My car is used for Autocross only. So, Yes, it's a Sunday driver
grin.gif

I think you should take your question to Racing engines/cars. My personal opinion is tainted by being one of The Slowkys

-

I'd ask you if you have a high volume pump and what your peak pressures are. Again, I'm not a go fast type.

One question ..a very important one, do you have your in block bypass valve defeated as many of the Chebbie racers do? If so, then a racing filter is probably in your best interests.

You can tell if they're Frams by looking down the threaded hole. If you see what looks like cardboard ..it's a Fram. If you're being charged more then $6-8 each ..then ask Fleetfilter what they can sell you the same thing for.

I do not have the bypass removed. It is the Factory LT4 pump. Thanks for the info Gary.

Back to the question - Does anyone know who makes the Filters for Moroso?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back