Ducati introduces a new Multi, BMW goes after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice bikes for sure, but

I think the title could be- Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT, Suzuki V-Strom 1000, Yamaha FJ-09. Ducati and BMW go after them.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: FastGame
I think the title could be- Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT, Suzuki V-Strom 1000, Yamaha FJ-09. Ducati and BMW go after them.
smile.gif

R1200GS?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
smile.gif

R1200GS?

I only left that out because the one's I listed are more on the sport bike side of Adventure (more touring IMO) and the R1200GS to me is more on the Adventure side. Seems the new BMW would kill the street side better, BMW really went after them ?

Looks as though some of the models are overlapping and I'm getting confused in my old age...haha

Anyhoo my bad, sorry.

smile.gif

Well, it could have been, but it isn't
wink.gif

R1200GS?

GS (and Triumph XC) is definitely a different class, more off road focus.

I confess to not really getting the whole Sport Adventure class, but the Multi is the bike to beat in that class. I guess it is pretty much an upright sport bike with luggage...

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

GS (and Triumph XC) is definitely a different class, more off road focus.

GS yes, but the Triumph XC gets panned across the board in reviews as too top heavy for decent off-roading. The GS remains King of Hill in off-road, no arguments there, and gets high marks by many for touring comfort as well.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

I confess to not really getting the whole Sport Adventure class, but the Multi is the bike to beat in that class. I guess it is pretty much an upright sport bike with luggage...

Agreed, but I would offer that the multi is an upright sport touring with emphasis on sport. The 2015 is finally going to get factory cruise control, although aftermarket cruise control has been available for 2010 - 2014 models for a while via Tuneboy and requires only a firmware flash no hardware needed. Comes with nudge buttons if you buy the tuning pkg with it or no nudge buttons if you buy only the cruise control flash code. On mine (no nudge bttns), you simply press the starter button down for a couple seconds while riding and it will grab and hold current speed, tap either brake lever or the clutch to disengage.

Having seen the EIMCA reveal of the 2015 Multi and pre-release spy shots of the BMW S1000 ADV they look very similar. I predict speed-wise they are going to be a very close race if not a dead tie as their weights and power numbers are close. I think it will come down to brand preference or engine layout preference (inline vs twin) for a lot of buyers. And of course proximity to dealerships for service after purchase which is a significant factor as well since neither brand has the extensive dealer networks of some competitors. I have to ride two hours to the dealer where I bought mine and they were closest among three in proximity.

KTM 1190 Adventure? Or 1290 Super Adventure?
Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport?

I am a big fan of the 'sports adventure' genre - not because I want to go around the world, but because I want a bike that is big and comfortable and upright and also has some power and can hustle in the corners. I am currently coveting the KTM 990 SM-T.

The guy sitting on that BMW bike seems to have his legs bent quite a bit. For a taller rider this might be uncomfortable on longer rides.

Does the Multistrada have a similar leg angle?

Nice rides. I am so tempted to get another street bike. I haven't had one for about 2 years now and I miss it.

The guy sitting on that BMW bike seems to have his legs bent quite a bit. For a taller rider this might be uncomfortable on longer rides.

Does the Multistrada have a similar leg angle?

I believe it will:

MTS1200S - Ducati.it

Sorry the image names are not link friendly.

That is pretty much part of the genre to one degree or another...

Also of note: At least in Europe the Ducati is going to be available with D-Air which amounts to an inflatable Dainese Suit...

nice bikes but $$$$ to buy and $$$$ to upkeep. i fell in love with the BMW RnineT at mt Triumph dealer, but the cost + upkeep are out of my budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back