Did i make the right choice with iPhone 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I switched to att and got the iPhone 6. the choices were between the Samsung s5 the lg G3 and the iPhone 6. The lg was better spec wise than the lg and felt more dated the the lg but in the past I've had lackluster performance from lg phones. I came from a note 3 which was a good phone I did look at the note4 but wasn't impressed with the feel and the price tag. I have 2 weeks before I am locked in and am kinda second guessing my decision. What's your thoughts?

I was an Android user for about 3 years, but I just switched to the iPhone 6. Very happy with it. Seems a little more polished than Android.

But in the end, they do pretty much the same.

There are more important things to worry about (Fram vs Wix, PU vs Mobil-1), etc
smile.gif

I think you did and have spent WAY too much $$ on freaking phones. All the talk in other threads about your finances and you bought and continue to buy overpriced, latest model phones.
33.gif

Well, you asked for it.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
I think you did and have spent WAY too much $$ on freaking phones. All the talk in other threads about your finances and you bought and continue to buy overpriced, latest model phones.
33.gif

Well, you asked for it.

You mean the part where I've said I work make a decent living and have a savings?
I'm going to be very blunt and honest to all that post on here about how buying phones is dumb and to much money ect....I'll notify on everyone who does it because it's off topic and irrelevant!

I have a 64GB iPhone 4S right now. When this thing finally dies I am getting a 128GB iPhone 6Plus. I want the storage for music on the off chance my 160GB iPod classic dies. I listen to music all day at work, and we got the "talk" about listening to streaming stuff. Good choice with the iPhone.

Apple has convinced the average man that they can afford a luxury item and its ongoing cost. God bless America! If you are not maxing your 401k, you can't afford [censored]. If you don't have at least a years of expenses in liquid savings, you cannot afford [censored]. If you have any debt outside of
Apple make really good, over priced products. I could personally never justify their cost.

Last edited:
It's a great phone if you aren't interested in a customized phone.

Spec wise, you can do better for cheaper, but the camera is hard to beat.

It's one of the only three I would buy. Sony Xperia, S5, ip6.

my wife has an iphone. I could never deal with the clunky OS and hoops it requires on a daily basis. They just aren't well designed.

But your choice should be whether YOU like it or not. Once you are on apple, they make it difficult to choose anything else if you want it to play nice. Not to mention the hassle of getting them to stop controlling your texts if you leave apple.

Originally Posted By: DemoFly

Camera hard to beat, joking there? My 5 year old Nokia takes better pictures than any phone in the market now.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu

Camera hard to beat, joking there? My 5 year old Nokia takes better pictures than any phone in the market now.

No it doesn't. Let's keep this conversation factual.

I'm going to ignore the people who felt the need to interject their $0.02 on your finances in what I consider at the least, unnecessary and certainly uncalled for.

I love my iPhone 5 and cannot wait to get my hands on the iPhone 6 next month.
Oh no but wait! What am I thinking! All of these student loans! How dare I buy a phone! I should live in a box and defer to those in this thread on how to live my life.

39.gif

Enjoy your awesome iPhone. Steve Jobs welcomes you to the family!

Throt

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu

No it doesn't. Let's keep this conversation factual.

To keep it factual I wrote that sentence. Nokia N8. Go to gsmarena.com and compare photos from both phones and see the reality.

Originally Posted By: Throt
I'm going to ignore the people who felt the need to interject their $0.02 on your finances in what I consider at the least, unnecessary and certainly uncalled for.

Should I get a Mustang or a Camaro? Who cares what you can afford get a 918 Spyder because its better than either of those.

Ferdinand Porsche welcomes you to the family.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt

Oh no but wait! What am I thinking! All of these student loans! How dare I buy a phone!

You got that part of it right anyway.

samsung or iphone and you have either of the best phones in the world. I myself am 100% Android. I love my rooted and overclocked s4. congrats on the new phone!

Originally Posted By: abycat
samsung or iphone and you have either of the best phones in the world. I myself am 100% Android. I love my rooted and overclocked s4. congrats on the new phone!

Not to mention LG G3, Moto X, Nexus 6...plenty of excellent phones are on the market!

Originally Posted By: mikefxu
Apple has convinced the average man that they can afford a luxury item and its ongoing cost. God bless America! If you are not maxing your 401k, you can't afford [censored]. If you don't have at least a years of expenses in liquid savings, you cannot afford [censored]. If you have any debt outside of
Apple make really good, over priced products. I could personally never justify their cost.

Gotta live life dude. Plan for the future....yes. Life could end in a second and all your savings goes bye bye. My 401K is maxed plus 2%....plus I got a samsung S5.

Anyone know how to get free song ringtones on the iPhone being an android user before it is definitely different

Did you make the right decision? You did handle them all and have a reason why you didnt like the others, right?

It seems that the droid phones are getting better and better, but first impressions and feel in the hand are important.

And IMO you cant compare specs between iphones and droid phones, other than maybe memory.

Im thinking of getting a 6 with 128GB, but I think Ill wait until the 6s. Good luck, let us know how the battery life is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back