Green Bay Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of you watch the game last night? I'll start by saying the Packers are my 2nd favorite team, right behind the Redskins, and I believe they are good enough this year to win it all, but...they have a habit of building huge leads on opponents, then coasting through the rest of the game...the problem with doing this was evident last night. The Falcons should've never even been in that game, but they almost pulled it off because GB went to sleep in the second half. I don't believe the problem is with the players, but rather coaching. For some reason McCarthy goes super conservative on offense, and Capers goes to a prevent defense after building a big lead. For the life of me I can never figure out why coaches do this. Everything the Packers were doing on both sides of the ball was working perfectly in the 1st half...why change it in the 2nd half? Makes no sense. You stick with what works until it doesn't work anymore. As much as I can't stand Billichick, his philosophy of never letting up until the game is over is the correct one. If the Packers keep using this build a big lead then coast type of game plan, it will cost them a SB championship...if they pull this garbage against teams like SEA, NE, or DEN they will lose...

Originally Posted By: montero1
I think the Seahawks are still the favorite to make the Super Bowl, don't count them out yet.

Depends on where they play...if SEA wins home field advantage throughout, they'll go to the SB, but I think GB can beat them in GB...so long as they don't do what they did last night...

Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
Super Bowl Preview:

Patriots vs. Packers/Seahawks

Depending where the NFC championship is played.

Could be..... I hope the Pack get in.

Being in Vikings territory, I like the Vikings, but they are a broken record.
All I do is laugh.
crackmeup2.gif

As much as it pains me to admit(As a Chiefs fan I am a lifetime hater). I don't think the Broncos can completely be counted out in the AFC yet. They have an amazing crew of receivers and Peyton Manning to throw them the ball. Their defense is decent and knows that they will take most of the blame in a loss. So I believe they will play their best come playoff time. I think it's shaping up to be an interesting post season!

Originally Posted By: cb_13
As much as it pains me to admit(As a Chiefs fan I am a lifetime hater). I don't think the Broncos can completely be counted out in the AFC yet. They have an amazing crew of receivers and Peyton Manning to throw them the ball. Their defense is decent and knows that they will take most of the blame in a loss. So I believe they will play their best come playoff time. I think it's shaping up to be an interesting post season!

The Broncos problem is that they lost to NE...they need NE to lose a game and then win out themselves to get HF advantage...I don't think DEN can win in NE...

Originally Posted By: grampi

The Broncos problem is that they lost to NE...they need NE to lose a game and then win out themselves to get HF advantage...I don't think DEN can win in NE...

With the way they are running the ball. The Broncos can win anywhere. When Peyton Manning only attempts 20 passes with no TD's and the Broncos win with the outcome in little doubt Denver could represent the AFC again easily. I believe the outcome will be the same will a trashing by the NFC representative which I doubt it is going to be Green Bay. Last night just show cased the fact the defense is preforming at a high level throw scheming. Scheming does not work well in the postseason. Denver thought that its offense could out-scheme Seattle in the Super Bowl then they were thoroughly routed by a very superior team Seattle.

The first clue that G.B. is weak in the middle was the move to shore up the heart of the defense by moving Matthews into the ILB spot. Although this helps it is like using a band aid to stop the bleeding from a rapier wound add the fact the ILB is physically harder on your body then being more of a pass rusher at the OLB Matthews will wear down in the ILB spot and become less effective.

Just pound the Packers in the gut and watch their defense fold like an accordion thus keeping it's star wars offense cold on the bench.

I don't either. I think the Patriots will be the AFC winner. Not sure on the NFC but I am leaning toward the Packers over Seattle.

Agreed. It is very hard to win in NE. Especially around playoff time when the temperatures are extremely low. I want to see NE win another super bowl but with Green Bay's talent everywhere, Seattle's defense and Denver's offense I can potentially see any one of those teams winning as well. Then there's always the possibility of a surprise team getting hot at the right time.

I think whichever two teams from each conference win HF advantage will go to the SB...

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Last night just show cased the fact the defense is preforming at a high level throw scheming.

I disagree. If that were true, then GB wouldn't have been able to hold NE to just 21 points, or hold ATL to just 7 points in the 1st half. GB clearly switched tactics and went to a prevent D in the 2nd half last night, and as we have seen many times over the years with any team, the prevent D doesn't work. I don't know why it's used at all...

Yeah G.B. switched tactics and it was to try and shut down ATL with out blitzing and generating a rush with 4 rushers which is needed to win in the postseason against better coached and teams with more talent.

A big reason why N.E. only put up 21 points was due to the fact G.B. had the ball for 38 minutes. N.E. did not look like the greatest show on turf against a Chargers defense built out of spare parts.

The fact the defense in G.B. could not stop a one dimensional offense with a poor offense line should be a major concern with any G.B. fan.

Green Bay is a tremendous powerhouse. QB that is a cross of Brady poise and accuracy, with the addition of accuracy on the run ala Bresse (but not so much this year). Defense is the issue for them. The NE game Peppers was the Peppers of old. He's lost a step for much of this year.

Seattle or GB is who I choose from the NFC. BUT I wouldn't count out Cardinals. Either can do it. I say edge to Seattle.

Obviously I'm biased to NE. But I also have a perspective to offer. Our 3 rings did not come when we were scoring 41 points a game and giving up 38. We wont super bowls on special team turnovers, great defensive turnovers at what what miracle timing. Much like the miracle catches that lost us ring 4 and 5.

What should scare everyone who has to play NE is just how fired up Tom Tom is and how we have played great at the corner spot....and our lines are holding up well. We've become a very flexible team able to make adjustments to whatever we need. And Gronk is healthy....and running over everyone in his path. I believe Tommy boy knows he is on borrowed time. So is Manning. Rogers is amazing QB and IMHO the one who will give him a run for "the best" status is Luck. Andrew Luck is the real deal. Besides all the athletic tools, he has what Rogers has, football IQ off the charts. Cols scare me a little this year, and I think they are set for THE team status within a year or 2.

Originally Posted By: montero1
I think the Seahawks are still the favorite to make the Super Bowl, don't count them out yet.

+1.....All the Seahawks need is home field advantage....and they will win it again. Best defense in the NFL and almost unbeatable in Seattle.

Might be a Bronco / Seahawks final again.

Marsha can be mad all he wants, he CANNOT and HAS not won a game that matters since *Spygate. If the Steelers play a good game they will beat the *Pats. Same with the Colts and Donkeys.

In the NFC, the Seachicks are solid. GB is on fire, but have they peaked too early? Anyone throwing out so and so will win hasn't watched the NFL for more than 2 months.

Originally Posted By: BISCUT

Seattle or GB is who I choose from the NFC. BUT I wouldn't count out Cardinals. Either can do it. I say edge to Seattle.

I too give an edge to SEA, but only a slight one...GB is not likely to win in SEA, but SEA could possibly win in GB...SEAs defence travels better than GBs offense...

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Marsha can be mad all he wants, he CANNOT and HAS not won a game that matters since *Spygate. If the Steelers play a good game they will beat the *Pats. Same with the Colts and Donkeys.

In the NFC, the Seachicks are solid. GB is on fire, but have they peaked too early? Anyone throwing out so and so will win hasn't watched the NFL for more than 2 months.

The problem with PIT is they're horribly inconsistent...there's no way they'll be able to string enough wins together to get anywhere even IF they make the playoffs...

I have not seen great things from NE. I don't get that. They have a good record....

I have seen the Raiders beat 49ers and San Diego and Rams and Cowboys (here) and KC beat the Seahawks. Then we got our Defense back. What do other teams do to try to beat Seattle? They try their best to stop our run. But we are #1 at running. And we only allow 84 yards on the ground against and are #1 at passing yards against. We could land HF advantage.

So Denver again? Odd that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back