Toyota New Engine Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have just changed out the initial fill and filter from my new Toyota Corolla. The filter fitted at the factory is part no 909151003 and the filters sold at the dealers are part no 90915YZZE1. I queried with the dealer who confirmed the filters I had bought were ok. The filter fitted at the factory was of a quality the better of which I have never seen, looked much better than replacement. I am now wondering if I should have left in the initial oil fill to be filtered by this seemingly super filter until the specified 10k kms service.
Roger

In what way does the factory filter seem better? The more time I spend here, the more confused I become in judging filter quality, and the less important I think it is. Look at all the engines still going strong after 100K on Frams.

Toyota has recently changed their OEM OTC filters too. The old style "seemed" to be a much better construction. I am not impressed with the new ones and have already had issues with the gasket. It seems as though the gasket isn't really seated and will turn and bunch just a little when you tighten the filter. I have heard a couple of reasons, one being that they switched from a Toyota Japan to a Toyota USA filter. Anyone know the real reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back