Recommendations on a 6-8 thousand dollar car??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totaled my 06 Camry last Friday. Would like to get some feedback from BITOGs end. Preferably another 4cyl with a 5 or 6spd manual.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
2006-09 Ford Fusion. Not sure they came with manuals though but great cars.

This! If I had to get a car, it'd be one of these.

Preferably the sport.. duel exhaust and AWD.
laugh.gif

You could find my car in around a 2011 for about that price in the 6 speed manual hatchback and all the options. I would buy my car again.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: Donald
Another Camry or Corolla.

+1

+ 10000000

+ [whatever number we are at]

Originally Posted By: hypervish
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: Donald
Another Camry or Corolla.

+1

+ 10000000

+ [whatever number we are at]
+ [whatever number we are at] +1,000,000

Dare to be different and look for a Mazda3. Made in Japan and nearly as reliable as a Toyota without the higher price. And the Mazda3 will be a much better drivers car than a Corolla, unless you run across a rare 05'-06' Corolla XRS.

Another Camry should do, unless u just did not like it. U can get a used 4 cyl small pick up w a 5 speed for cheap if u need a truck.

How about some nice orphan cars?

Saturn Astra.

It's a legitimate European car.

Weird European pictograms on the controls and pixel starved TRS-80 monochrome display but the 1.8 is still in use in the Cruze and Sonic.

If you don't mind an automatic with a V6, Pontiac Grand Prix.

You can probably get one with about 60-70,000 miles for that price.

Any problems with the 3800 are well documented and parts should be widely availiable.

A Corolla or Camry would be a great choice. If you wanted something larger, than I would recommend a Ford Crown Victoria. You could find a great deal on a retired police package.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
How about some nice orphan cars?
Saturn Astra.

It's a legitimate European car.

Weird European pictograms on the controls and pixel starved TRS-80 monochrome display but the 1.8 is still in use in the Cruze and Sonic.

I used to really recommend those cars, but since the Saturn division of GM dried up, most parts (Ive noticed here in Canada) have become hard to come by. Even many online retailers don't seem to stock many of the service parts.

dont' get me wrong, they are great cars (I recall driving a stick 1.6 and 1.8 on the autobahn in 07 or 08). Boy that thing could EASILY keep up (handling wise) with any hot hatch from Germany.

As for acceleration, that's another story. The only reason why that car wasn't a hot seller here in NA, was because of the gutless 1.8 that couldn't get out it's own way with it's measly 138ish hp. Too bad we in NA didn't get the wide variety of engine choices the Europeans got, including TWO diesels, and a couple of Turbo models!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back