Kumho I'Zen KW31?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We recently got these tires put on our Mazda. I can find next to no information on them on the internet, and most of what I do see is in Eastern European websites. They're not listed on Kumho's USA website - but then no winter tires are. Anyone know where I can find more information?
This is an accurate depiction of the tire:
KUMHO-IZEN-KW31-b.jpg

Yeah I find it odd that Kumho doesn't have any winter tires on its US website! However, they do have quite a few listed on their Canadian site! kumhotire.ca

But the KW31 still isn't listed there though. Strange

Too bad, because affordable snow tires are always a good thing.

Does it really get that cold in South Korea though? haha

Looks like a competent ice/light snow tread pattern. Ought to be decent, assuming the compound is okay. About perfect for Rochester winters, as long as one isn't by the lakeshore.

Originally Posted By: NateDN10
We recently got these tires put on our Mazda. I can find next to no information on them on the internet, and most of what I do see is in Eastern European websites. They're not listed on Kumho's USA website - but then no winter tires are. Anyone know where I can find more information?
This is an accurate depiction of the tire:
KUMHO-IZEN-KW31-b.jpg

looks a lot like the Nokian HAkka R

nokian_hkpl_R.png

WIth a sprinkle of the siping pattern from the Hakka RSI, the blocks next to the center block.

Calling Kumho USA will be useless, because they are only told information on products specific to their market. Likewise, the Canadian HQ.

Last edited:
Well, we've gotten plenty of snow around here the last few days, so I've had a chance to see how these do.

In my non-professional opinion, they're just as good as the General Altimax Arctics I've used in the past, and maybe a little bit better. No problem plowing through 3-4 inches of powder. They go good, stop good, and turn good!

I received this email from Kumho's product support:

Originally Posted By: Kumho

Nate, see attached for information.

Kumho winter tire have limited distribution and are not available at all places that sell Kumho tire. Because of this, we do not put information on our website, though you should be able to get information from dealers that sell our winter tires.

He also sent me a product information pdf (link).

Last edited:
@geeman789, someone brought this thread back from the dead. My reply, as well as the OP, were written a year ago. Perhaps Kumho has added the KW31 since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back