Egg Nog...love it or hate it?

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
Right up there with candy corn on my list of disgusting items.

I always hated candy corn. When I was a kid it was the trick-or-treat booty that was always discarded. My GF loves it. I found out that it's basically icing with a glaze over it. I have since changed my tune and I like it now. I don't LOVE it, but once in a while I can go through a good bit of it.

I think the thing that really amazes me is how our tastes change as we get older. I still rarely like popcorn, but once in a while I like it. The mere smell of it used to make me feel sick.

It's that time of year again. I finally found some local dairy eggnog that tastes better than most national/chain brands I've tried before. It is also 3x as expensive, not that that's a determinant of quality or anything.

Been having it with peppermint schnaps. I can't see making it a habit, but once in a while to shake things up, why not.

I saw some at the store yesterday from C.F. Burger Creamery which is supposed to be one of the best. Looks like a serving size is a half cup and not a full cup. If I'm going to get something with this much fat might as well be the good stuff.

Last edited:
Good eggnog is good stuff that goes well with a little decent brandy or whiskey.
A seasonal treat, so the high calories don't really matter.
It's not as though you'll drink it every day of the year.

I usually like a glass per holiday season, but this year I foolishly bought an entire litre. I drank the whole thing within a week.

I actually enjoyed it. I usually put a shot of Rum in it (only time of year I buy that too) with two shots of nog, and two shots of almond milk. nicely balances the flavour and not too sweet.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
I don't like it. I can just put a little Bailey's in my coffee at the holiday party!

tried this for the first time this holiday season and really enjoyed it! only had one though, I had rum and eggnog to drink
wink.gif

Love Evan Williams Original Southern Egg Nog, made with Kentucky bourbon, rum and brandy. Rich and smooth with a kick, buy 2 bottles every Xmas.
thumbsup2.gif

I LOVE egg nog. It’s one of those things where it gets to be about July or August and I’m wanting it so badly that and apple cider I could drink year round. My mom hates it me, my dad and sister love it. The Southern Comfort brand is the best stuff ever.

Back